“Good Food! April 2018”

Yassa African Restaurant
Ranked #1,361 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We were driving along S King Drive and just happened to spot this restaurant.
Very good food, decent prices and prompt service. It's quite large with some great artwork displays and seemed quite busy that weekend with couples and families as most of the patrons. I had the yassa chicken and my boyfriend had the yassa fish (yassa is a caramelized onion sauce). Delicious! We both had sorrel beverages. The portions were huge and we were stuffed when we left there was no room for dessert - couldn't eat anything else for the night! LOL!! Great neighborhood spot!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly atmosphere catering to all people. The food was good, even though it took a little long to be serve. I would recommend to anyone who want to try some african cuisine.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat. The food had a lot of flavour, and the prices were very reasonable. I'd definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Found this restaurant through the Bronzeville Chamber of Commerce and wish we had known about it earlier. Excellent food--exceptional even. Lots of flavor and plentiful. Yassa Chicken one of the best I've ever tasted (including what I had had in restaurants in Senegal) and the plaintains are outstanding. Ginger juice and bissap are nice additions to the menu. The lamb was also tender and flavorful. Love the traditional dessert with millet as well! Beautiful space, service is friendly and welcoming, and parking is plentiful. There is nothing not to like here.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The location has an open and inviting atmosphere. The selection is vast and the variety has something for everyone. I tried several apps since it was my 1st visit. Everything was great, especially the eff rolls!

Been to Yassa African Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK