“10!”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #10 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have been staying at the Talbott hotel for the past ten years while attending weeklong Radiological Society Meetings. Previously I stayed at several other well known hotels near the Michigan Ave.
I can say with confidence that the hotel is one of the best in every category. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, the staff is exceptional, the resturant food is superb and the bar is a place to relax for the evening. No matter what the occasion, it is a real 'gem'.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Talbott Hotel

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed at the Talbott last weekend for what was our first trip to Chicago. It did not disappoint in any way. The desk staff was welcoming, the room very spacious, clean and comfortable and the breakfast was scrumptious. Probably the best feature I found was Tim, the concierge. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He gave us a number of options when we asked for reccomendations and was quick to secure reservations for us where needed. Directions were always on point and he seemed genuinely interested in making our stay very memorable. Absolutely personable and helpful! When we return to Chicago the Talbott will definitely be our hotel of choice!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

There's not a lot you'll be left wanting for if you stay at the Talbott. Despite the high end feel, you'll post a lower number here than at much lesser hotels around town. At least that's what we found in our search. The location is perfect - right off the Mag Mile, only about 200 yards from the red line, and only a couple of blocks from the Hancock Center. It still maintains a quiet feel despite its center-of-it-all location.

The place is spotless. The staff is friendly and incredibly helpful for anything you might need, and the room even has a DVR! It's perfect because, while no one wants to stay in and watch TV while on vacation, with the DVR you can set all the stuff you want to see before you head out and then watch it later on in bed if you want. I'm big on bathrooms, and our room had a double sink with excellent water pressure in the shower. Towels are roughly half the height of the Sears Tower, so you'll be all nice and snuggly and dry in those. The place is great. Stop looking. Stay here.

The only con I can possibly come up with is that the remote control in our room was pretty weak and I often had to press the buttons multiple times to get it to register. That was frustrating. But it's not enough to dock the rating. Pass on this place at your own risk...it's 5 green dots here, and have a happy day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThePuppies
Reviewed 26 August 2012

First time guest ... stayed for 5-night business trip. Despite being a very picky and selective traveler, I can confidently state that my room was very clean and comfortable. I examine every hotel room I stay in for cleanliness, insects, etc., and this experience left me with a feeling of confidence. Room had deep, subdued and relaxing colors, nice wood furniture, and many lighting options. Bed was very comfortable, luxurious sheets and comforter, and thick bathroom towels. Hotel staff very accommodating and friendly - distinctive customer service ... definitely not one of those big hotel chains! Lobby and outdoor dining area very charming and cozy. Wonderful location -- everything is walkable. Relatively quiet, upscale street, with a somewhat quaint yet trendy feel. Pricing can vary greatly, so care should be taken with regard to timing/availability of visit. I am planning a personal visit back to Chicago with wife for a long weekend -- and the Talbott is a must-have piece of that plan, unless rates are high. I would absolutely recommend to both business and personal travelers. I'm hooked, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank W0rkingMan12
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have stayed in numerous hotels in Chicago over the years, including many of the 5 star hotels. I loved this hotel! It is part of the SLH hotel group and I honestly have never been disappointed with one of their hotels. It is in a great location. Steps from Michigan Avenue and all the shopping. Super close to the lakefront and steps from Rush Street area. It has a charming little lobby. There is also a very nice restaurant with outdoor seating along the street. It has a European feel to it except for the rooms which are very large! The bathrooms are also nice & large with Molton Brown amenities. The price was so reasonable I was very surprised by how nice it was. I will definitely be staying here again and will be happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family