Stayed for four nights in Jan 2010 at the legal firm corporate rate of $139/night
- Comfortable bed, very clean room, spacious bathroom
- Very good fitness center - at least a dozen cardio machines, two sets of free weights, two workout benches and a few weight training machines
- Conveniently located in the Loop, 2 minute walk to Magnificent Mile area
- Starbucks cafe is accessible through the underground path so no need to put on a jacket to get breakfast or a coffee!
- The area near the window was very cold so I had to crank up the heat - this caused parts of the room to boil and other parts to remain cold
- $14.95 for Internet access is pricey - Hilton should be a leader in the large hotel chain market and dispense with these fees across all their hotel lines.
- I didn't have a car, but valet parking was $49/day - that's as expensive as some cheap motels! I've never rented a car in Chicago, so this might be the going rate for downtown parking but it still seems somewhat steep.
- The hotel business center is actually a FedEx/Kinkos so you have to pay for basically everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel