1,902 results
All reviewsthe rivergreat locationa river view roomthe concierge loungethe theater districtstate streetwacker drivewithin walking distancethe looplobby barclub levelhouse of blueschicago downtownhigh floorblue linemillennium parkking bed
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I booked the Renaissance because it was 2 blocks from where I was meeting, and it was a Marriott. I'm a Platinum Elite traveler, so it's a must. That being said, I've seen the inside of LOOOOOTS of hotels, and rarely am I as impressed as I was here.

They dropped me into an upgraded suite, which was a nice start. But that's hardly it. The lobby was modern, customer-forward, and amazing. I had a hard time finding the check-in desk behind the amazing bar/lounge/quick service area... the great restaurant and seating area... and all of the lounge seating. Oh, and the 20++ bar height work/charge stations. I'm still in the lobby folks!

There's a nice bar/restaurant/patio deck/open air patio on the 3rd floor with ridiculously on-point food and great drinks. we socialized there for a bit too. great environment... you don't even have to leave the hotel to enjoy a long night at what absolutely felt like a perfect all-year lounge that can satisfy any sort of connoisseur (eat, drink, views, doesn't matter!) Finally...Got to my room. Everything was new, clean, and modern. great bathroom (the shower is always my thing. shove me in a tub with a curtain and I'll survive, but I LOVE a nice clean walk-in with subway tiles.

I'm not done yet! I slept like a baby in my amazingly comfy bed... BUT THE VIEW. THE VIEW. seriously. did I mention the view? breathtaking views down and up the river. The riverwalk, the towers, the kayakers, and even the streets down below. CLASSIC CHICAGO!!!

I guarantee you one thing... I'll likely take a personal trip to chicago for relaxation, and I will not stay anywhere but here!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view. lower floors are better so you can see the action... 6-10 at the most.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
RenaissanceChicago, Kelsey, Executive Assistant at Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

TheBC_DallasTX - We absolutely LOVE your review! Thanks for sharing and we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Location near the Goodman Theatre and the Riverwalk was perfect. Wonderful views from the rooms, which modern in design. Rooms were also very quiet. Waited to be seated for breakfast, because they didn't have enough staff to bus tables. Slow service (having to ask for everything) not because staff was lazy or indifferent. They were clearly working hard, but there weren't enough of them. Perhaps we had bad timing, but be careful if you are in a hurry, particularly in the am.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Attea146 - Thank you for your feedback as we share your comments with our management team. We hope you will consider us for future visits to the windy city.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed using points and had a spectacular river view from the 25th floor. Clean, modern, and spacious rooms. The concierge was very helpful in getting dining reservations for us near the theatre. Easy to walk around area. Valet parking pricy, as is true of so many downtown places. Also had a 15+ minute to get the car back when we were ready to leave.

Room Tip: Spectacular river views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RenaissanceChicago, Kelsey, Executive Assistant at Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

iowa_mom_ks - We were glad to hear our navigators were able to help you explore the windy city! Come back and discover more soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I've had several trips to Chicago and have stayed at this property a number of time . Despite marginal service I return because of the location and the great views. The check in process is fairly pleasant . They're currently doing renovations so valet is on the side street and the guys working are not taking much pride in their job.. I spent 4 days there this last trip and the valet policy was different everyday on 2 occasions I had to wait nearly 40 mins for my car, unfortunately one day was my last day and led to me missing my flight. When I spoke with the front desk supervisor he skirted around the issue and later sent an email offering me 5k points.. what an insult!!! The concierge room is on the 1st floor and is rather small for the size of the hotel. The restaurant and roof top bar both offer very nice views.. with the proper management this place could be a 5 star property..

Stayed: August 2017

JetSetter4Life45 - We are very sorry to hear about the issues you had with our valet service. We would appreciate the chance to learn more about the situation if you are willing to share more of your time and reach out to our Executive Office.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Stayed here after a beer festival in Chicago with my wife. We booked on points extremely last-minute and didn't have anything other than the clothes we were wearing. The front-desk agent provided us with all the toiletries we needed to make it through the night and ensured we were all set up. The lobby/bar are so hip that you forget where you're at. It seems like a destination experience. our corner room was unbelievable, with views of the Chicago theater. Couldn't ask for more in a hotel...location, cool points, comfort of rooms, etc. I would move in here if I could afford it :)
Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon H

Jon H - We hope you will come back to enjoy a little longer stay soon! Delighted we could may your experience enjoyable!