To begin, I travel quite extensively for business and pleasure. This hotel is perfect for both types of travel.
Rooms: The rooms are beautifully laid out with very comfortable beds and roomy bathrooms. Our room overlooked the river with no obstructions on the 25th floor. If you can request a river front room I would strongly recommend that option.
Food: There are many places to eat in this city. We went to an AMAZING Argentine restaurant near Wrigley. It was called Tango Sur[--]
The food was right on the money for Argentine taste and the atmosphere is great! Remember to bring your own alcohol is you go because they do not have a liquor license. There is a CVS down the street, which, oddly to our surprise, was well stocked.
A great French restaurant is Avec, [--] Chicago. This is a different type of restaurant, but well worth the slightly higher prices. They have an amazing sparkling rose' wine. They will recommend you order slowly-take this advice! You will be surprised how quickly you fill up.
Brazilian Steak House Restaurant - Fogo De Chao, [--] Chicago [--]is a must!
Hotel Service: Room service was prompt, coffee was great, fruit plate was fresh, and muffins were tastey. A bit pricey, but expected by a Marriott hotel.
Recommendation: If you can go during baseball season make sure to go to a game at Wrigley Field. It is always a good time and you will enjoy it with tremendous pleasure.
Flaw: We were there the 4th of July weekend, so it was busy as expected. On one of the nights we arrived back to the hotel at around 12midnight and as we began to walk into the elevator we were hit in the face with the rancid smell of puke. Someone had thrown up quite extensively in the elevator and no one had cleaned it up yet. I am unsure how long it was in there, but it covered the entire elevator. It was horrible and I would never expect something like this from a Marriott hotel. So, this was our discouraging moment of the trip.
Also, the pool is very, very small. As is the work out facilities. If you get stuck inside due to rain (as we did for a day) the pool will be packed with people (only about 12 people fit in the pool area). If you think it may rain bring some videos to watch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel