1,923 results
All reviews the river great location a river view room the concierge lounge the theater district state street wacker drive within walking distance the loop lobby bar club level house of blues chicago downtown high floor blue line millennium park king bed
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Hotel is located in the middle of the business district, but only a short walk to several wonderful restaurants and bars. Rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly. Highly recommend the hotel concierge service...they provided A+ tour and dining options including preferred seating status in many attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room for better city view....
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed her for a conference from July 24-27 2011. Nice rooms, excellent customer service. I had one problem, the conference rooms are utterly confusing. I spent time walking around not finding any of the rooms I needed. It was also a great value in terms of price, because it's right in the middle of all the great things in Chicago. Also, the internet was $21.00, and that's just ludicrous.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank forthetweeple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

As a platinum Marriott traveller, I was surprised by the lackluster service I received from the staff at this location. Normally, I love Marriott and their service; however, in this case I was less than impressed by the level of service I received. Normally, as a platinum member I would expect extra amenities from a hotel I spend an exorbitant amount of money with...but after a long discussion with the front desk...I will keep my standard room (which is fine)...but will pay for parking and receive no additional breakfast or any other amenities. For my money and amount of travel time I'll choose Hilton because they treat me better. The renaissance is fine if you only need a room and don't care about customer service...otherwise don't bother!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank miamiman40
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My husband and I live in Chicago, but our dear friends were getting married and the out of town guests were staying at the Renaissance. We were not planning on getting a room, but an out-of-town couple canceled at the last minute so my husband and I and another couple decided to see if we could take their room. We didn't want to bother the bride and groom with the logistics of transferring their reservation to our names, so I called up the Renaissance to see what I could work out. The staff was extremely patient and accommodating while I explained the situation. They found us the room at the reduced wedding-block price (otherwise we would have had to pay about 4x as much since it was Lollapalooza weekend.) They even put a rush on the housekeeping so that we could check in by 10am so that we could drop off items in the room prior to going to the wedding venue. Was really impressed with how well we were taken care of.

The corner room was spacious, the bathroom was immaculate, the toiletries were Aveda brand. Very comfy bed. No complaints about the room. Will definitely recommend the Renaissance for out of town guests.

The parents of the bride hosted a brunch in one of the hotel restaurants (Great Street Restaurant) the day after the wedding. Lovely buffet brunch with very attentive staff. Again, have to give an A+ for customer service. Also, the scrambled eggs are notable because I found them delicious. I very rarely eat scrambled eggs at restaurants because I really only like the way I prepare them at home. The scrambled eggs at the buffet were delicious: fluffy, moist without being soggy, and they must have incorporated some sort of cheese in there, maybe? Delicious!

Two minor negatives: (1) the $50 valet fee, but that's to be expected, about on par with other hotels in the city, and a must considering the location at State and Wacker (2) the bartenders at the hotel lobby bar were out of their depth. Suffice to say that we had to get a manager involved to have drinks and appetizers from other patrons removed from our tab.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We upgraded to a larger room, which was very contemporary and nicely decorated - with views of both the Lake and the River. Beds were comfortable and there was a separate tub and shower. Larger room comes with concierge level access - breakfast choices were very nice and I like having coffee, water, soft drinks and snacks available all day long.
The location was good - in the past I always stayed on No.Michigan Ave, but this was nice, too - and it was about a 10 minute walk to the Miracle Mile. Also a short walk to the pier for the Architectural Boat tour - which was our favorite part of this trip.
Housekeeping never replenished the shampoo, conditioner, etc. - but it didn't really matter since I didn't like them anyway.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple