1,877 results
All reviews pump room public hotel library bar the gold coast ian schrager great neighborhood rush street lincoln park common areas guest rooms few blocks lake michigan upon check mag mile the magnificent mile the loop lobby
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Ambassador Chicago is conveniently located in the Gold Coast, pretty near to the Magnificent Mile. Small, yet comfortable. Rooms are clean, neat, and have a warm atmosphere. I’m definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for the loft
Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

lmrp73,
Now that's what we like to hear! Thank you for the kind words and 5 star review- we look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

The hotel was very nicely redone. Service was not good. Room service was horrible. Valet had you use a # to call for car, but it didn't work. We had 3 people in a junior suite at check in, yet had to request a sofa pull out linen service at 10pm. They have a long way to go......

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank swatts1

swatts1,
I am sorry to hear that you had some service issues during your stay- although never fun to read, we do appreciate both your feedback and transparency in regards to you recent visit. If you would please contact me at Thoward@journalhotels.com I would like to continue this conversation offline and see how we can make things right. I look forward to connecting.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Travis, one of the outstanding booking agents at Ambassador Chicago, provided very professional and gracious service during a sad time for our family and friends. Travis was especially easy to work with in securing a book of rooms for out of town guests. Our guests were delighted with the service and accommodations at the hotel and the delicious food and service of The Library and Booth One restaurants.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

bjvanderlaan822,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! We enjoyed having you and your family and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Second time I have stayed at the Ambassador . The best part is the proximity to the lake and downtown.
Rooms are great, modern, clean . Nice amenities and good service . Good spot for a business stay .

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

SA2USA,
Thank you for the kind words and 5 star review! The location truly cannot be beat- we're just a stones throw from Michigan Ave. yet still tucked away in the quiet neighborhood that is the Gold Coast. we're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with friends at the end of September for 4 nights. The staff was on strike (had been for 2 weeks prior), so the service issues might’ve been effected by that, but I’m just telling it like we experienced it. We checked in at night and weren’t told we’d be awakened the next morning at 8am by the banging of drums & screaming of hotel worker strikers. I’d heard about the strike, and am behind the workers, but had no idea the hotel we’d chosen didn’t have a contract with their workers... wish I’d known and had been warned. The building & neighborhood are lovely and one of the reasons we chose the hotel, but the pictures online don’t show the wear & tear of the actual rooms, which need some love. Stinky carpets, ancient & funky smelling a/c (which had a mind of its own), no coffeemaker (not happy with this trend), worn furniture & a tiny & worn out bathroom were not highlighted in the pictures. I’d chosen the hotel, so I was worried others would not be happy with my choice. Luckily, my friends were upgraded & had a giant room & bathroom. They, however, had a crazy bad experience with room service that resulted in the wrong food being delivered 2 hours after the order was placed. At least they were not charged, and had their room cleaned every day. Our room was skipped twice (had our “please service” thingy on the door knob) & they did weird things like threw out our soap & put new, wrapped soap on the 2 days they cleaned. Not sure if the workers were replaced temp workers, but they didn’t do the normal room cleaning stuff & even moved my stuff around in the bathroom just to move used gel, shampoo & conditioner from the shower to the vanity where I’d carefully arranged my own lotions & potions. The other complaint is that the hotel was obviously booked up the weekend we were there, but there are only 2, old elevators to serve everyone, so many days we had to wait 20 minutes for an elevator that would stop or wasn’t packed too full. I hope they get things together because the hotel has promise (wonderful neighborhood, gorgeous building, great style in the lobby & bar, great REPLICA bath amenities, nice staff) but I would choose another hotel next time.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank mastering-vacation
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

mastering-vacation,
Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed feedback on your experience. This past September the the contract between the majority of Chicago hotels and the housekeeping union expired. Similar to many industries whom employ union workers, when a contract expires there is often a brief period of protest while negations are underway. While we respect our housekeeping teams right to protest we are aware that it did cause some disturbance- unfortunately, we did not know when, for how long or how many participants would strike, in all transparency, we were unsure if there would be protest or not This was something unfortunately out of our control and proved hard to anticipate. That said, the protest has recently ended. During your stay, the hotel was fully committed, thus causing longer than normal wait times as the elevators were in constant use; we just completed a near year long project replacing the buildings original lifts. We strive to provide top notch service, and when we miss the mark, try our best to make things right. If you would kindly send me a note, I would like the opportunity to chat more about your stay offline. I can be reached at Thoward@journalhotels.com. I look forward to connecting.