I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. We chose it mainly for its location. The front desk staff were helpful and courteous. The room was comfortable and your typical hotel room.
The absolute best thing about the hotel is the free shuttle. It will take you anywhere within a mile, and considering the cold, rainy weather we had while in town, it was much appreciated. He took us to dinner and to our meeting. The valet staff was also helpful and happy to call us a cab or point us in the right direction.
The biggest downside to this hotel was the noise factor. It is across the street from Rush University Medical Center. During my 2nd night, I was awakened at 4:44am by a loud ambulance siren. The night before, there were almost constant sirens. In addition, the housekeeping staff gets started unusually early. My first morning, they started cleaning before 8am, slamming doors up and down the hallway. I heard every one of them; it was ridiculous. At 8:30am, I had to put out my "do not disturb" sign, because I wasn't ready to leave, yet. I can't figure out why they started so early.
I had breakfast one morning in the hotel's restaurant. The food was decent; the service was average and a little slow. It wasn't really worth it. Go out for breakfast if you have the time.
Overall, the stay was very good (above average, not excellent), and I'd probably stay here again if I had a another meeting in the area, but the noise really bothered me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel located opposite Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center & University of Illinois-Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago Marriott At Medical District/Uic Hotel Chicago
- Marriott Chicago Downtown Medical District