5,386 results
All reviews the river great location trump tower a river view room the penthouse the corner bakery within walking distance the magnificent mile large room corner room millennium park the loop would definitely stay here again valet parking michigan avenue navy pier an upgrade
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Here for the marathon and chose this hotel as it was near the start and is
on the river. What a view from the room! Nicely close to the places we wanted to see and close to the station for access to public transport.
Nice big room and great facilities. Staff are friendly and service efficient.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Patrick W,

Thank you so much for choosing Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, we definately apprecitate you giving us 5 stars. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We thank you again for taking the time to provide such a GRAND review and we look forward to having you stay with us soon!
Regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Clean rooms, gorgeous views, friendly staff, and a nice hotel bar. Overall I'm very pleased with my stay (of 7 nights). The only thing I encountered that wasn't 5/5 was the bathroom. I'm 6' tall, and even I found the toilet height was just a bit too high for comfort, I can't imagine how being any shorter would be comfortable. The bathtub shower drained very slowly so that by the time I finished taking a shower I was up to my ankles in water. Hoyt's (the hotel bar) makes a pretty good Bloody Mary, and even though their food service is a little on the slow side, their food is excellent. Excellent location, close to tons of restaurants and points of interest, definitely consider staying here!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear sburk2018,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and sharing your experiences. We definitely have an amazing view from our rooms. Our staff is committed to deliver exceptional service during your stay. It was my pleasure to ensure your stay was wonderful. We would love to have you and your family stay with us soon!!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

The room was very large and comfortable and the hotel gave us a great last minute rate.
This hotel is in a great location to see the sites of Chicago.
The view from the rooms that faces the Trump tower and the Chicago River is breathless at night.

There is a tour bus that stops straight across the street and this was highly convenient as it tours 13 stops

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hello Kikibutterfly,

Thank you so much for your 5 bubble review. We are thrilled to hear you has an amazing stay with us and enjoyed our staff!

We do hope that you come back and see us again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Check it out. You want to visit Chicago and be in the middle of when it all happens? Stay here! Only on business one night but great location and views, easy walk to anywhere near the river and the mile.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear cdcregan,

Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I was discriminated against and I will be suing Wyndham Corporation. Additionally, I'll be going public with my story.

My wife and I checked into Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront on 25 Sept 2018 - 28 Sept 2018. We were greeted by Mr. Ryan Nicklaus who was the staff manager at the time. I made my reservations through Wyndham Destinations (formally Wyndham Vacation Resorts). My reservations were for PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. Initially Ryan gave our key to the concierge host (Wes) room 2203. I asked Ryan if it were an PRESIDENTIAL SUITE, and he replied "yes". The concierge host continued to check my wife and I in. No problem at this point. However, about 5 minutes later Ryan came over to the concierge area and retrieved our key and reassigned us to room 2205. This was no longer a PRESIDENTIAL SUITE as our reservations clearly states, but we were reassigned to a 1 BEDROOM SUITE. My wife and I seen the key we had given to some young white women that were behind us. I'm sure Ryan did not know when seen him give our key to another party.

We called Ryan over to ask him why we no longer had a PRESIDENTIAL SUITE, but he lied to us saying "the refrigerator was down for maintenance". I told him "we don't have anything perishable and we will still take the room". The Ryan replied "the room wasn't clean and was down for maintenance. You can't stay in that room."

I would like to point out that I've fully paid $16,000+ through Wyndham Vacation Resorts (Timeshare) for my deed. I pay $888 + per year for maintenance fees. Again, my reservations clearly say PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. I flew all the way from Virginia with my disabled wife trying to surprise her. Plane tickets total over $1,000, and I had a rental for $500. I made my reservations in January, so there was no excuse not to have the room available.

We did go to our newly assigned room (2205) which was RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the initial PRESIDENTIAL SUITE (2203) that we should have been in. We could clearly see our room was GIVEN away. I have proof with pitchers and video that another party was in that room. I even have a name. A young white female named Cueleatha and her friends got our room. Total discrimination!

The next day I complained about the room again. I was told the room was the same dimensions, and the only thing different are the amenities such as bottle water, soap, shampoo, etc. We were sent a bag of these products. Of course, I didn't believe this. The hotel was trying to fool us. I went upstairs where Wyndham sells it's timeshares and asked them if they could show me a PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. Our 1 Bedroom suite didn't even come close to comparing to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. I recorded the difference for proof.

Ryan should be held accountable for lying to us, giving away our room, and discriminating against us. We clearly didn't get the room that I paid for. Ryan blatantly lied to our faces taking us for a fool. Putting us right next to the room we were supposed to have was also a slap in the face. I don't know if those girls were Ryan's friends or what? We were not treated fairly. This incident should have never happen.

My intentions are to hold Ryan and the hotel chain responsible and I have lawyer. I have a strong case with documents, video, and pictures.

Room Tip: Do not see hotel manager Ryan Nicklus
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple