5,365 results
All reviews the river great location trump tower a river view room the penthouse the corner bakery within walking distance the magnificent mile large room corner room millennium park the loop valet parking would definitely stay here again michigan avenue navy pier an upgrade
Reviewed 13 September 2018

i choose this hotel mainly because location and it was a great surprise

is basically in the heart of the city just in front of trump tower 2 blocks from magnificent mile and millenium park

the room was HUGE with all the amenities and not so great view (but i did not pay for a view so was very happy with what i have)

front desk is very efficient they gave me my room SO FAST not so much of customer pamper (i am a golden member of wyndham) but it was fast so i was happy

BG KUDDOS to the restaurant i needed to dinner a tuna sandwich which is not on the menu the figured out and serve to me that was a great customer service they went beyond the service

hotel is very beutiful decoration is really good the room i got has two beds a work desk sofa and plenty of space for a family of 4 i was only with my girldfriend
i really recommend this hotel and for spectacular view pay for the rooms above floor 30th

Room Tip: great view go floor above 30th
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear zavalza,

Thank you so much for choosing Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, we definitely appreciate you giving us 5 stars. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff made it a Grand experience! We thank you again for taking the time to provide such a GRAND review and we look forward to having you stay with us soon!!!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Well, where do we start. Good part? Location and view if you have the river side. That’s about it. Elevators slow and place run down. Staff was on strike when there and everything was falling apart. Strikers waking up guests at 0500. Cops called, they stopped, but damage done.

Called to get maintenance, waited over 30 min. Then went down and got a screwdriver and fixed it partially myself. Then maintenance shows after 45 min and didn’t solve the problem. Delaying me even more. For the price they charge at this place, it’s not near good enough. Look elsewhere. Super 8s have more class.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Kallin K,

Thank you for the review.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

My new husband and I made the trip to Chicago for our "MiniMoon" as we just got married a few weeks ago. Upon check-in we informed the staff we were newlyweds and much to our disappointment weren't able to be upgraded or offered any sort of "treatment". Not surprising, though, it's a large hotel so, that's not a factor for my review but, don't go in there expecting anything spectacular or to be felt "special". The elevators, yes, took forever & it was even worse on the way down stopping on every other floor but, there's no one who can control that. During our stay, there was a strike going on at the hotel (& 24 other hotels, I read). So, because of this strike our room never got tended to (or at least, I'm assuming it was because of the strike), we were only given 2 bath towels so, we ended up reusing our towels, ran out of coffee, and our sleep was disturbed due to the banging of pots and pans out on the streets. We enjoy sleeping in hotels because they take care of you & take care of your room but, this stay was like being at home except you had to pay $200. The staff was not apologetic about the noise or the lack of service - they instead went about their day as if everything was perfect. Our $500 "vacation" was not worth it. We paid to have breakfast included in our stay (which is ridiculous to begin with) and breakfast was beyond lacking. $18 for eggs, some burnt potatoes & bacon...that was their idea of a "buffet". Needless to say, we didn't use our breakfast vouchers the second day & instead checked out of the hotel as quickly as possible. We were very disappointed in our trip which is so upsetting considering we were truly looking forward to getting away and relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hello racheloshaighneddy18,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront. We want to take this opportunity to apologize to you about not meeting your expectations. We certainly should have meet these standards. I have followed up with our Operations Team to ensure this does not happen again.
If you would like to reach out to me directly to discuss further you can reach me at rnicholson@wyndham.com.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Great stay, very near to downtown. Breakfast was not available - need complimentary basic breakfast for a $150/night room. Also, No water bottles were or are provided in the room for use. (Only 2 150 ml water bottles were provided during the day of check-in). Poor service in terms of water, basic breakfast etc

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Sujay D,

We want to thank you for the review!

It always makes us happy to know that our guest enjoyed their time spent with us away from home. We hope that you will come back and see us again very soon!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

As others have mentioned, the elevators are an issue and you need to factor the elevator waiting times into your schedule, but I’ve noticed that elevator wait times have been an issue in every Chicago hotel I’ve stayed in.

However, the bed was by far the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in. I would choose this hotel based solely on that!

Room are very spacious and clean.

Hotel workers were on strike and protesting right in front of the hotel with megaphones. We were in meeting rooms on the 6th floor and the noise from the protesters was disruptive. It wasn’t very welcoming to have that going on at the entrance of the hotel, but the hotel and police were keeping it under control to the best of their ability.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Lori0526,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and sharing your experiences. We definitely have an amazing view from our rooms. Our staff is committed to deliver exceptional service during your stay. It was my pleasure to ensure your stay was wonderful. We would love to have you and your family stay with us soon!!