2,683 results
All reviews evening reception great location made to order omelets managers reception breakfast and happy hour free breakfast free happy hour jewel osco cocktail hour parking garage state street living room navy pier within walking distance hot breakfast chicago downtown the breakfast area
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I double booked a room for this hotel, my mistake due to misunderstanding of not accepting their offer of an "upgrade" on internet. I realized the mistake immediately after booking and seeing two confirmations to my e-mail. I called customer service and was told it would not be a problem to cancel the first reservation, but it would be 4-6 weeks to process refund. I booked several weeks out and figured they would take care of it. My family and I went to check in, they said I had two rooms, I explained situation and that I did not need two rooms, they said OK they would take care of it. Again thought it would be taken care of. Two months later no refund, I called customer service and was given the runaround, representative eventually agreed to review my initial calls with supervisor the next day and get back to me. Didn't happen. I posted on Embassy's Facebook, basically the same response and lack of action/communication. Think twice before dealing with this group.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeremiah K
FOMEmbassyChicago, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the miscommunication regarding your double-booking cancellation. I apologize for the lapse in serviceand our reservations Advance Purchase Department has been notified and will be contacting you to rectify your situation. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and certainly dropped the ball this time. I hope that next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us. I look forward to speaking with you and apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Check in...unremarkable
Room: we had a 2double suite. It was great
The beds were comfy. The bathtub draining was a challenge as was putting the sofa bed away!
The room was very clean
Ambience lovely fountain for pics
Location very walkable to michigan ave esp apple store macys american girl etc.
Extras mangers buffet is really just drinks...some hummus pita and veggies
Breakfast buffet is great thanks tomeka for making waffles!!!!!,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JSONTLON
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We did a 3 day weekend w/ our 3 kids to visit the Shedd Aquarium. Service is top notch! From valet out front to housecleaning staff, every staff member asked us how our stay was, proactively offered help & resolved issues immediately. Recommend taking a cab $10/5 people) to museums vs bus or driving. Daily breakfast buffet was huge. Evening reception served ok food but full range of drinks (beer to margaritas). Shopping w/in 4 city blocks (or 5 min can ride). 2 blocks from Rainforest Cafe, Hardrock & Portillas. Only concern is rooms are dated; some mold in bathroom shower & vent. Sink wouldn't drain but maintenance fixed it w/in minutes. Looks like planning to remodel which will help.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MNBigCityFan
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stayed here with my three kids this summer after having stayed at numerous other hotels in Chicago throughout the years (Ritz, Omni, Four Seasons) and while the Embassy Suites was fine, it is nothing to write home about. It is very dated, rooms are not all that nice and felt just old. Now, the kids loved the center open atrium where they had glass elevators but I felt like I was in a time warp. There is a small indoor pool that the kids used. There is breakfast included but it is CHAOS and everyone is in line trying to get the food... which is fine for hotel-type food with kids. The whole things shuts down immediately though so don't expect to get down there a little late! The location is good, a few blocks off Michigan Avenue so you can walk to the Hancock Building, the shops, but not to Navy Pier, etc. Overall it was fine for what it was and definitely cheaper than the other hotels we have stayed in. For what we used it for (a place to sleep after a long day of sightseeing) it was fine

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie-RGS
Reviewed 23 August 2012

A very quality hotel. The staff was a bit wooden at check in. There was that awkward 10 second pause where which unfortunate front desk clerk would help us, but thankfully Mike stepped up to the plate. He did a good job. The true reward for customer service should go to the Concierge team! We were visiting for a gangster tour of the location area and needed directions and they were fantastic. We floundered around for a bit until the woman helped us.

The room was a one bedroom king suite with a sleeper sofa. The televisions were good! A 32" LG in the living room, and then a 40" Samsung on the bedroom. Nice good pictures on each. The quality of the bed was fantastic. We slept very well! I've never been a fan of hotel pillows, but these were pretty good. A very quality room.

Breakfast was really good also. The omelette station was incredibly busy so we just did the other stuff. A nice hot breakfast with about 4-5 different options to go with scrambled eggs. Good set up! I told the staff twice they ran out of 2% milk, but it was never replaced. Which with how busy it was, I'm not surprised.

check out was a breeze. For the tour we had to leave our bags at the hotel and it was very easy to do. The bellhop tagged them and set them aside for us to pick up later. Made for a good tour so we weren't holding our baggage while trying to take pictures of historic places.

Over all I liked the hotel. Who wouldn't!? It was great. Front desk could use some lessons in the 10-5 foot rule, but over all the Concierge made up for everything. The house-woman who delivered snacks upon checking in was great as well.

Room Tip: As for a room facing away from the parking ramp if you want a view. Talk to the concierge on location attractions. Store your luggage at the desk if you're walking around.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple