“Weekend in Chicago”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
Ranked #86 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We had a great time at the Embassy suites downtown in Chicago. Although spending an evening at this hotel was not an original idea - big crowd - they handled all the people efficiently and we were able to get the upper floor and away from the elevator room we asked for.

The breakfast in the morning because of the crowd was quite a bit of a wait but worth waiting for - the staff was very polite and helpful

Room Tip: We prefer the higher floors and corner rooms a little quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Larry H

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I took 5 girls here for a slumber party. All of the staff we encountered were Excellent. The room with double beds and sofa sleeper was enough space for our group of 7. The evening reception was a nice bonus but the line was really long and the snacks were limited. It is free so it is hard to complain but it doesn't compare to evening receptions at nicer properties. The included breakfast made this hotel the obvious choice for our group of 7. There were a lot of options but again be prepared for the crowds ( we went at 8:30am on a Saturday it was already pretty busy). My only complaint is that our neighbors stayed up until 4am singing and playing rap music which we could very clearly hear through the vents. I didn't complain because my crew of 5 was probably noisy also! If you need a comfortable, large space with free breakfast I would stay here. Valet was $49 and they were pretty fast when you called for your car.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChicagoSpaLover
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Everything in Chicago being pricey, we selected Embassy Suites for it's family-friendly rooms and the breakfast. But WHAT a breakfast!! WOW, very fresh, a great start to the day! And Happy Hour in the evening was a joy. The accomodations were also very clean and the staff friendly but not intrusive. The night manager brought the luggage cart to our car at valet parking when we checked in and he was very "real" and personable. That was also a great start. The location was great and our Embassy Suites room was the perfect oasis of comfort in between being out-and-about in Chicago. I will be staying here again and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of a hallway so we did not have traffic or get any noise from the central at...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CINDY C
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the hotel. The hotel is even nicer as it has been renovated since the last time I was here 2 years ago. The location can't be better- 3 blocks from the Magnificent Mile and close to great restaurants and shopping, The inclusive (not free, it's part of the price) breakfast and 2 hour open bar with premium bottled beer make this place an incredible value. The rooms are spacious and I didn't hear any noise from the adjacent rooms. You are also 3 blocks from Petrillo's which makes an excellent Italian Beef sandwich and right around the corner is M Burger which has excellent hamburgers - I was here both times on business but I plan on staying here with my family next time I visit Chicago- For a downtown hotel in a major city- this place can't be beat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank jeffster
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have stayed at this property before and had a great experience as I had at other Embassy Suites. Unfortunatly the Front Desk customer service really leave alot to be desired on this trip.
From the time I checked in they were unaccomodating from the first clerk to the management. I was to be charged for my fifth night even though I was cancelling the night upon check in.
What really put the icing on the cake was when I need to stay in the room until 4pm (on the extra night they were charging me for ) and I was told that they had already booked my room because they knew I was leavng. I had to pay for the night but I could not stay in the room!
Front desk manager Rhondalyn Buchanon was curt, dismissive and an embarrasment to the Hilton Chain.
In todays economy where Hotels are stepping up their customer service this was a shock.
I didn't expect Ritz Carlton service but I did expect better than Hotel 6.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business