“Best Value in Chicago” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
jericho
“Best Value in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the hotel. The hotel is even nicer as it has been renovated since the last time I was here 2 years ago. The location can't be better- 3 blocks from the Magnificent Mile and close to great restaurants and shopping, The inclusive (not free, it's part of the price) breakfast and 2 hour open bar with premium bottled beer make this place an incredible value. The rooms are spacious and I didn't hear any noise from the adjacent rooms. You are also 3 blocks from Petrillo's which makes an excellent Italian Beef sandwich and right around the corner is M Burger which has excellent hamburgers - I was here both times on business but I plan on staying here with my family next time I visit Chicago- For a downtown hotel in a major city- this place can't be beat.

8 Thank jeffster
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Korean first
massapequa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have stayed at this property before and had a great experience as I had at other Embassy Suites. Unfortunatly the Front Desk customer service really leave alot to be desired on this trip.
From the time I checked in they were unaccomodating from the first clerk to the management. I was to be charged for my fifth night even though I was cancelling the night upon check in.
What really put the icing on the cake was when I need to stay in the room until 4pm (on the extra night they were charging me for ) and I was told that they had already booked my room because they knew I was leavng. I had to pay for the night but I could not stay in the room!
Front desk manager Rhondalyn Buchanon was curt, dismissive and an embarrasment to the Hilton Chain.
In todays economy where Hotels are stepping up their customer service this was a shock.
I didn't expect Ritz Carlton service but I did expect better than Hotel 6.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank sbalfe
Lubbock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed three nights at the Embassy Suites Hotel. Everything about this hotel was great. The breakfast was amazing. The rooms were clean and spacious. They have a nice indoor pool. We also enjoyed the happy hour in the evening. They are just a block away from the red line train. It was easy to get there from O'hare. I will definitely stay there again.

Nashville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

When we arrived, Everything was perfect! We absolutely loved it. Then it rained. It was a good hard long rain. We were eating dinner in the room and suddenly the roof/wall started leaking. Not sure how bad it would get/stay we started the process of changing rooms. That's where things went bad. Really bad! We were traveling with 2 adults and 2 kids. We were sent to a 1 bed suite as a substitution. I went downstairs to explain what we had and what we needed. We were then offered a one room king bed non suite room as a replacement for our 2 bed 2 room suite. I went back down to the front desk and asked the manager if he was trying to prove a point.

They ended up bringing up a roll away, stacking some furniture to make room for it and that's where we were.

I was so frustrated I could not think straight. In the end they ended up giving us a night free. Still not sure that was enough compensation but I wanted to be sure I was not being an irrational customer.

Presented with a difficult situation, I am not sure they did their best. This whole process took about 6 hrs or waiting for managers and such.

Probably won't choose this location for our next trip to the city.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from the top floor East side.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Thumper369
glasgow, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Embassy Suites very much. The trip was planned around my two granddaughters, age 5 and 7. The hotel was close to restaurants that they enjoyed. It was also close to the American Girl store. The girls enjoyed swimming, eating the good breakfast, and getting to sleep together in the living area of the suite. All in all, I would highly recommend the hotel for family trips to Chicago.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family