“Chicago Weekend”

Ranked #79 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Slinger, Wisconsin
“Chicago Weekend”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Check in and amenities were good. Free breakfast and evening cocktails a bonus. Room was good, but we needed to request extra towels for our family sized room. However, towels were provided pool side for swimming and hot tub. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Korean first
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel is located in walking distance of the Magnificent Mile. There are some local shops and restaurants nearby as well, including Pinkberry (yum). I shared a room with my mother, aunt, cousin and my 5 month old son. I slept out in the living area on the pull out couch with my son. It was not as comfortable as the regular beds but I was able to sleep. The standard suite with 2 beds and the pullout couch was spacious enough for the 5 of us. Nice flat screen tv in both rooms. Microwave and fridge available for use. Seperate sink/kitchen area. Nice to have since traveling with a baby. Breakfast is complimentary. Long lines for the made to order omelets but you can surpass the line and grab other hot items, cereal, bagels, etc...

There is a pool which I did not use. It is enclosed by glass and other guests sitting in the lounge area can see in the pool area. I don't care to have people gawking at me...especially since there is a free cocktail hour nightly (manager's reception) and this is located right next to the pool area. The cocktail hour was decent, some free apps like chips and cheese. Your allowed to have as many drinks as you want during the cocktail hour. You may order only one drink at a time. They do not limit how many times you go up for another though. They will card you, so bring your ID with you. Goood way to save some money before heading out on the town.

Room was clean, housekeeping was efficient. I've stayed at nicer hotels in Chicago (and paid a lot more) but this was a good room at a decent rate.

Room Tip: Ask to not be near the elevators, it's a busy area.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JLK41811
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 21 February 2012

You must stay at this hotel. It is in a great location in downtown Chicago.

Concierge was great! I had done a lot of research before I arrived in Chicago. He helped me pull all of my ideas together. The computer system crashed. So he gave me an idea for lunch. When I returned he had everything worked out for me for the weekend. Excellent service!

Breakfast was really good. The only suggestion I have is to have better directions for going through the line. It was not clear what line to be in when you wanted an omelet and when you didn't want one???

Manager's Reception: Very good selection on food!

Location: This hotel is in a great location. I walked to most places...I really lucked out on the warm weather in February. I know it could have easily been snowing.

Bell Hop: All were very attentive. Haling cabs for me when I needed one.

This hotel does not have free wifi. Also suggestion to the hotel is to have a recycling container in the room for those who recycle.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SoleSurvivor_14
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown Chicago for 1 night. Our daughter attended a conference in Chicago and stayed here for 4 nights. All of us really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and affordable. The hotel staff were all very friendly and the location was convenient to both restaurants and shopping. A 2 hour happy hour was offered each day. The breakfast was exceptional. Everything you could want was offered from made to order omlettes, pancakes, fruits, yogurts, oatmeal, bacon, cereal, bakery items and much more. And all was complimentary! We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank OmMay
Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I love Chicago, it's a helluva town. Whenever I'm in town for business that requires me to stay downtown, I stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago Downtown. The property itself is beautiful, the atrium is awe-inspiring, and the rooms are wonderfully appointed. The managers reception is always a great networking opportunity (though, get there early if you want a free drink). Free breakfast, great atmosphere, lots of meeting space - perfect location, too.

Room Tip: Don't request a high room if you suffer from vertigo...this property features 10+ floors and the...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business