Booked here for the excellent location downtown. You're right in the heart of the hotel district and somewhat near the subway and very close to bus stops. I'll say that we enjoyed our stay but there were some things that took away from the experience of a four night residence.
The biggest issue is the walls are too thin, we could hear our neighbors having loud conversation constantly (luckily they only arrived our last nights stay) and the service employees are quite loud in the morning (we came from the west coast so we needed to sleep in). The rooms are small, I'll call them cozy but we did find that two to a room is quite full with bags and other miscellaneous stuff. The room windows don't open which usually I don't mind but since the A/C-Heater unit is old I would've liked some fresh crisp air from our 20th floor perch. An air vent in the bathroom is good but not when it's loud and covered in dust. Bed was comfortable but lacked support, the mattress probably needs replacing or at least a monthly flipping.
On the positive side the lobby staff are helpful and professional; we got answers and assistance whenever we needed it. The lobby area is a nice hangout and adjoined next door
to a Lavazza cafe which was crucial to getting our day on the go! The elevators work fast and there are three which helps with rush hour. The hotel bar is a pleasant area and we got our drinks fast and strong, with an easygoing bartender. The roof terrace affords nice views but only offers services in the warm months. The A/C-Heater unit while old did work well. Shower was adequate with plenty of hot water for both of us even on such a packed floor.
We got lucky with the weather so the hotel was a great starting point for walks near the river and across downtown. There are some good restaurants located nearby and not too far with a little bit of footwork. If you can get a deal to stay here it's a good bet for a night or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the Windy City, without the high price, at the Inn of Chicago. Just a half-block from the famed Magnificent Mile - where the city's best shopping, dining, and nightlife can be found. We offer a reasonably affordable alternative to the more expensive Chicago boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn of Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of Chicago Magnificent Mile, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Inn Chicago Magnificent Mile