“Sunday Brunch”
Review of Pork Shoppe - CLOSED

Pork Shoppe
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We made the drive out of downtown to grab brunch here. They offer a small brunch menu, I had the corned short rib hash which was good and very filling. My husband and I shared a side of the thick cut bacon. The side of bacon was 3 thick cut slices and perfect for sharing. Service was attentive and all of the staff greeted us with a smile and a friendly hello.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We had this restaurant recommended by the motel we were staying at and it was wonderful. I had the pork belly Ruben and my son had the baby back ribs. Both dishes were fabulous. The service was great and the bartender took time to go over each menu item we had questions on and make his recommendations, which were flawless. Make this a stop when in this area of Chicago

Reviewed 10 September 2016

My husband and I have been here several times. Every time,the service has been great and the food delicious. The nachos with brisket are amazing. The old fashioneds make me very happy. You get a lot of meat and sides for your money. The music is always good, and the staff are super friendly. A fun, hip space with good food and drinks. What's not to love?

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Those times when your non-vegetarian friends are like: “Maybe, they’ll have a salad for ya.” “At least, join us for a cocktail while we eat.” Here at Pork Shoppe, vegetarians are good to go.

It was a weekday in Aville, parking sucked but the sun was out so…hey, let’s bring some #VeggieLove to a #BBQ joint. Upon walking in, we we’re offered 3 options: Inside/Outside or the Bar. (Psst…) The “Bar” has some sassy deals not offered at the tables.

First up: Cocktails! I opted for the usual, “Tito’s on the rocks with a splash of soda.” What I did NOT realize is how Great the Smoked Cherries would taste with the Tito’s. So yeah, point is: Ask for the cherries. Put them in your cocktail. Drink the cocktail. Eat the Cherries. #DirtyMind

Next Up: Appetizers My friends we’re kind enough to order a #VeggieLove appetizer. We unanimously chose, The Gluten Free Corn Fritters! These fritters are filled with Corn Meal, Corn, (duh) Green Onion and fried to yum yum. Can’t quite recall what the dip was but…Clearly, it goes quite well with da fritters…
Pork Shoppe has a TON of sides, many of them full of #VeggieLove as well as a Seasonal Veggie Option. #Boom - Fries, Cornbread, Mac N Cheese, Potato Salad, Creamed Corn and Shoppe Slaw. They do indeed have some #salads to choose from: Chop, Green Bean or Kale, yes KALE.

I chose something I just couldn’t pass up. Yep, a side of the Creamed Corn. Filled with Parmesan Cream, Leeks and well yeah, Corn! Would you believe I added a bit of Parmesan Cheese to it to really make it #Creamy. They had a veggie special of luscious Green Beans that added a bit of green to my meal of course, for the perfect dinner of sides.

So yeah, if you’re on the #NorthSide of #Chicago needing something #Vegetarian to eat at a #Barbecue joint, check out #PorkShoppe on #Clark in #Andersonville.

*Eating Out With A Girl* #EatingOutWithAGirl.com

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

$8 lunch menu. Great food. Cool decor and feel. Great beer on draft and even more bottles. They offer flights on tap. Good for families or groups. Friendly staff. Great service. TV's with sports.