“Before dinner drinks”

Ranked #168 of 10,874 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Theater District
Neighbourhood: Theater District
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at Trump Tower and walked here. I had been before this past summer for lunch with girlfriends but this time took my husband and we went for a couple before dinner drinks and to see the grand view of the lake and millennium park. My husband was impressed.
I had a couple of their fabulous old fashion’s with orange peel and my husband a a couple Duckhorn Merlots. We sat on the couches near the window- need to clear that with the hostess.
It was jammed-already at 4:30on a Friday. We also got the nuts and olives - the nuts have tons of peanuts probably half the bowl but the olives were outstanding- great variety and flavor

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Our tour guide from the Chicago Architecture Foundation recommended we eat lunch here, and we were so glad we did. Beautiful views of Millennium Park and the lake. And excellent food. The crispy chicken sandwich is one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever eaten. Skip the cookie platter for dessert, however, and go find a better bakery. The cookies are dry and boring—and very small.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

This was not my best dining experience in Chicago. We were running a bit late and tried to call but they would not pick up. We were not 15 minutes past our reservation and they gave our table away. We got there. The place is cavernous and noisy. We ordered Champagne and were given sorbet glasses that they must have thought "Trendy". Sheesh. They brought the mix of appetizers we ordered and then kept trying to take them away. We ordered a wine, they bring a different wine and then argue that it really is the wine we ordered even though the wine was not from the region on the list. I will say the food was good, the duck very good, the burrata also good and the view outside where it is wonderfully quiet! But after screaming across the table at my friends to be heard I was just tired and I had had enough. I won't be back.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing views of the Bean & Millenium park. Would recommend booking for lunch or dinner if you're planning to eat, otherwise you can just walk in for a drink or 2. Cocktails are delicious and the bar staff are always on their A game. Can't wait to return!

1  Thank Lucinda B
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

If you venture into the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel and go up 7 floors to Cindy’s you will feel like you found a place that is THE place to visit. Creative bar beverages and a great lookout to Millennium Park were all we had time for, but next time in Chicago, we’ll return with more time and money to spend.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank JALToronto

Been to Cindy's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK