“Eat in restaurant @ Midway Airport”
Review of Hvac Pub

Hvac Pub
Ranked #2,836 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Wrigleyville
Neighbourhood: Wrigleyville
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Flew out of Chicago Midway and waiting around for boarding had lunch here. Nice staff and charging stations/ outlets available was the initial draw. They are on Concourse B near Southwest boarding area - I had BBQSliders with coleslaw and fries. Delicious, generous portions, amply filling, reasonable pricing. Full bar. Downside for me was no Coke products.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Midway could be the worst airport in America when it comes to food. The food here is run of the mill and poor quality. THe "Italian Beef" sandwich was just god awful.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We came here before a Cubs game, and mostly enjoyed it. We were lucky and got a patio table in a nice evening. This place was very crowded as you would expect before a game. Even so, the service was still pretty good. I ordered a Cadillac Margarita and you would have thought I was speaking in Spanish. The young waitress had no idea what this was and neither did the bartender. So I provided the recipe and awaited my adult beverage. I am a tequila snob from California so I knew what to expect. What i got was a glass with tequila and triplesec, and it was horrible. So I asked instead for just a shot of Don Julio. Hint: Chicago knows very little about tequila drinks.

The food menu was pretty long and we were hopeful. But it was bar food at best. My chicken sandwich was dry and tasteless. The nachos were so much closer to expectation. All in all, this place was just okay, but the location in Wriggleville makes it okay to visit. Next time I am in wriggleville, i will try something different.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped at the HVAC pub between flights at Midway. The idea of full service was a joke. The waitress needed to be asked multiple times for service including utensils, napkins, water, clear plates. Salad was delivered to the table in a "to go" box and needed to ask for a plate. The cocktail was $18 (prices not listed on the menu), twice the price of the dinner. Airport passengers are a captive audience but these prices ridiculous.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were travelling with 4 other couples for the weekend to watch the Jays play the Cubs. We stopped in to HVAC for drinks after the game an ended up staying for hours. They ha a live band playing that was really good. The staff were extremely busy so service was a little slow but that didn't bother us. All the pubs/restaurants were extremely busy after the game. The nachos were fantastic, atmosphere fun and loud. I would recommend this bar for a drink or too.