“Great spot, but long lines.”
Review of Hot Doug's Inc. - CLOSED

Hot Doug's Inc.
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I long for the days when you could just walk into Hot Doug's and grab a special dog ("No two finer words in the English language than encased meats"). The lines are usually down the block. But get there before closing (around 2-3 pm) and they are much shorter. And avoid Saturdays.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Line was over an hour, but worth it in every way. Duck fat fries on Friday and Saturday, new specials every day (check the website), and quality, handmade sausages. This is street food as it should be.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Did I care waiting on a line? Nope. Even though it was like 12 degrees out? Nope. Well worth it! Hot Doug's serves up various excellent hot dogs and at reasonable rate. Best saurkraut I've had outside of Germany. Cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

They "accept cash, just cash my friend". You can spend almost 20$ on two hotdogs and after eating them, not feel ripped off in the slightest because you just ate the two best, most amazing hotdogs you ever ate in your whole life. Lines are heavy at lunch hour. So very good.... now I'm hungry. :(

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My friends and I took a $20 cab ride from the North Side just to get to this place. We also skipped breakfast to make sure we can taste as much of the Specials. As we stood in line for 30 minutes, the 2 pink pink statues kept us company while we checked the menu on our phone. My friends and I ordered almost half the menu. My favorite is the Foie Gras -- they used the good stuff so it was'nt too rich or heavy. I loved the garlic cheese spread on the Hungarian, I thought thr Kangaroo was too gamey while the Lunguica proved to be delicious. Pairing it will a large order of cheese fries and Dr Brown's Cream Soda sealed the deal as well. As most people from Chicago have said -- this place is the best. Its definitely worth the wait and the hype has been validated.