“The best ribs anywhere. Period. ”
Review of Smoque BBQ

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

There is a reason Smoque ranks #2 amongst the 7,800+ restaurants in Chicago. I am honestly not sure why they aren't #1...?

Perfect ribs, perfect brisket, outstanding sauce (the Memphis sauce is out of this world... you won't want to dip your fries in ketchup with this sitting in front of you!)

The sides and peach cobbler were awesome as well. And even better... they sell their run by the pint or the quart. I live about 1,000 miles away, so I bought a quart. I can't wait to smoke some ribs this summer!!

1  Thank Lynda M

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We ended up at the location on Pulaski Road while in Chicago after we had originally went to Lems BBQ for our regular tips and hot links. However, we learned that Lems had run out of tips so we decided to venture across town to Smoque. This was one of the best decisions that we have made as far as a dining experience; my wife and I had the brisket, ribs, fries, beans, coleslaw, peach cobbler, mac and cheese and it came with cornbread muffins. Their prices were very reasonable and the portions were amazing. We generally will finish off our meal but there was so much food that we had to get a to go plate. The staff was very nice and friendly and we even struck up a conversation with a couple of employees who had lived in Champaign, Illinois while going to the University Of Illinois. We have really found a diamond in the ruff as the entire dining experience was most enjoyable.

1  Thank SHANNON C
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I come here about once a quarter and the ribs are delish! Great portions, bbq sauces and sides. I’m not a big fan of their coleslaw as it’s made with a vinaigrette.

1  Thank chijsky
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Everyone in the city knows about Smoque. You will find other top end places with good meat but you will not find anything better. The meats are smoked on site, all side dishes are made from scratch. The flavors show how authentic and cared for the recipes are. The brisket is exceptional with that great red ring around the outside of the meat. The mac & cheese and cornbread are out of this world. Honestly, find what you like and order it. You can not go wrong here (unless you park on the block where the signs clearly say "No Parking for Smoque Customers")

1  Thank CFDEng30
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Great food, great atmosphere at a reasonable price...and the people are very firendly. Their brisket chili is out of this world. My wife and I have been here multiple times and will continue to go back.

Parking is a problem, but go to the back of the building and there is a small parking lot.

1  Thank davidjr2017

Been to Smoque BBQ? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK