“We hads a lovely dinner from Velvet Taco”
Review of Velvet Taco

Velvet Taco
Get food delivered
Ranked #6 of 451 Quick Bites in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Description: Velvet Taco is a temple to the liberated taco. We're a one-of-a-kind taco concept serving premium food in a unique & funky fast-casual setting.
Reviewed 18 July 2022

We had a lovely dinner provided by Velvet Taco. The tacos were superb and reasonably priced. We thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

Date of visit: July 2022
Velvet Taco, Marketing at Velvet Taco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2022

Thanks Anthony for the awesome review and for visiting us! We take pride in serving you some of our globally-inspired tacos. See you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (306)

Reviewed 13 July 2022

Amazing tacos, with really unusual flavour combinations. When I visited there were four different vegetarian tacos which is more variety than we usually get! Pretty cheap compared to other local places, easy to order, and really efficient staff.

You can sit in or takeaway. If you sit in, I recommend going upstairs where you get a great view out onto the streets and in summer they open the big glass windows so you get a lovely breeze.

I recommend the Nashville Tofu tacos and the chips with queso blanco. Delicious! Also, if you fancy an alcoholic drink then the frozen margharitas are amazing!

Date of visit: July 2022
Reviewed 5 July 2022 via mobile

Came to pick up tacos for a late lunch due to proximity to the hotel I was staying at and the good reviews. What an awesome taco joint! Ordered one each of beef, chicken, and pork variety taco. Really impressed with the tender cooked meats and creative mashing of sauces and garnishes. If I had another meal slot I would have gone back. Order ahead as the restaurant is always busy, especially late night!
One downside is the lack of friendliness of the staff. This was 3PM in the afternoon, and no one smiled, in fact, barely wanted to look up and address that I needed to pick up an order.

Date of visit: June 2022
Reviewed 24 May 2022 via mobile

We had lunch here and enjoyed the different taco options.

I had the falafel and the cauliflower. While I liked them both, the falafel was my favorite.

He had the green chili pork and the mexi-cali shrimp. We shared the chips and queso.

It would be great if the restaurant had a recycling option since beverages come in a single-use container that is currently heading to the landfill.

If I lived here, I'd visit often for lunch.

Date of visit: May 2022
Reviewed 5 January 2022

These toco’s are some of the best I’ve tasted! Generous size and wide selection to choose from, there is a taco for every taste on the menu. Must applaud the vegetarian choices and the standout one for me was cauliflower beer batter taco. The potato tots are lovely and crunchy and make a perfect accompaniment for the taco’s. Seating available upstairs, clean be prepared to hunt for tables and does get busy but definitely worth the wait!

Date of visit: November 2021