“A great find!”

Fig & Olive Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive Chicago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #263 of 10,258 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We chose this restaurant based on its location near our hotel and some good reviews. The initial impression is a bit unassuming, as you enter from the street into a small lobby where you are directed to take an elevator up to the restaurant. The restaurant itself is a large open room that is bustling but not noisy. The food and service were both excellent and we were quite pleased with what felt like a somewhat random selection. A reservation is recommended though they were able to seat us when we arrived early. There are apparently several other Fig & Olive locations, so I would be willing to try any of them!

1  Thank partera_9

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This place has a mediterranean theme in food and wine and was delightful. The service was very good. My daughter and i had a glass of wine and my son-in-law had beer. We decided to share many appetizers and dishes, including the 3 crostini, filet mignon meatballs, the quinoa salad, the fungi (pasta with mushrooms), riviera salmon over spinach dinner and sides of brussels sprouts and sauce spinach. Everything was delicious and we got to try many things. For dessert, we shared a rich chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. The dinner was rather expensive, but the food and experience was great.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We went there for late lunch on Saturday and were starving..4 hungry girls...not a good site..lol! All we wanted was bread to get started! They didn't have the regular bread so waiter brought us a basket of Croissants and bread (more of a dessert) but we were hungry! Only problem was there was mold on my piece of bread! Kind of ruined the appetite a bit! Overall it was good experience with a bit of a hiccup!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recent visited for an impromptu Friday night dinner. We started with salmon tartare, then enjoyed the whole branzino, lamb chops, Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes. The fish was amazing, and the lamb chops cooked to requested temp, and flavorful. The Brussels were a bit sweet for my taste and the potatoes were just ok, but we were so full we didn’t even need the sides. Joe provided great service! Would return again for some different dishes and another branzino!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I spent 5 nights in Chicago recently eating out at high end restaurants every night. Fig & Olive was second best. I had bouillabaisse which was very good but not amazing and fresh seafood is amazing to start out so they must have done something wrong to bring it down a notch. Service was good, the space is beautiful. BTW: Swift & Sons was my favourite; RPM Italian was the worst.