Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 234
US$ 275
US$ 248
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 216
US$ 271
US$ 175
US$ 167
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 172
US$ 161
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 312
US$ 229
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 500
US$ 473
Hotelpower.com
2,881 results
All reviewsthe riverpillow menuspa roomterrace bartv in the mirrorfull kitchenturn down servicenespresso machinerobes and slippersin room diningfloor to ceiling windowshealth clubone bedroom suitefour seasonswrigley buildingroom servicecity view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here in July 2012 for our 10 year anniversary. We've never stayed at such a luxurious place before and now I'm sure I'm spoiled for anywhere else. When the staff called the week before we left they asked if we were celebrating anything special. I mentioned our anniversary and we had a nice bottle of champagne and strawberries waiting for us. So unexpected and what a nice touch. We had a beautiful room on the 27th floor with a view of Navy Pier and right on the river. The room was spotless and very quiet. Never heard any hall noise or outside noise. I loved the kitchen and Nespresso machine. It was a wonderful touch.

We didn't eat at Sixteen but did have room service one night. I have to say the room service food was one of the only negative things we encountered. Pretty expensive and the food was lukewarm when it reached our room. The server was so nice though and that made up (mostly) for the so-so food. We also visited the spa and did a couples package with soaking tubs and massages. Very good quality and the massage therapists were very professional and friendly. Again, this is pretty pricey but we felt like the occasion made it worth the price and we were very happy.

We went up the the terrace one evening dressed up after a nice dinner out. The hostess was a little snooty we thought even though we were dressed appropriately. It so worth it to go up there for a drink. Probably one of the prettiest views in Chicago.

The Trump International in Chicago was everything we hoped and more. The service was very nice and always made you feel welcome (the only exception being the decidely unfriendly hostess on the terrace). We loved it and will be back for sure.

Go to The Girl and the Goat and The Purple Pig. We loved them both so much. Wish we had skipped The North Pond for our anniversary meal. We also went to Second City and enjoyed that. We live in Wisconsin and have been to Chicago many times but this time was special and most of that was due to our accomodations and the service we received at Trump.

Room Tip: We joined the Trump Loyalty (or something like that) program and I think I had said that we enjoyed a higher room floor. We received that at check in plus the pillow menu is a treat.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjhill1004
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.
Dear Guest,

While I am very happy to read your positive comments about the rooms and hotel, I would like to apologize about the service from the hostess on the Terrace. I welcome you to contact me directly at 312.588.8000 so I may investigate this incident.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had seen the reviews here and I had set a pretty high bar for the Trump International to clear on my recent business trip to Chicago. I'm happy to report this hotel exceeded them easily and has become my favorite hotel in the United States. Check in was handled perfectly and set the tone for the stay. Rooms were more than spacious with plenty of extra amenities not found in hotels of similar price. Any clothes I had left on the floor were always folded neatly by my bags upon coming back in for the evening. The staff even took it upon themselves to clean the pillowcase for my pillow that I take everywhere I travel...that was a first. Loved the TV built into the bathroom mirror. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Chicago and is a gorgeous design. The rate for my room was $350 per night, but in all honesty I'd pay double. Well done Donald! I will be back.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nordberg

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoy your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards training and developing our colleagues and we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your business trip experience exceeds your expectations. Thank you for choosing Trump Chicago as your favorite hotel in the US.

Once again, thank you for continuing to choose to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Davoodas enjoyed a long weekend at Trump again recently. The first time we stayed, we were wowed save for a couple service issues. Now that we have stayed at Elysian/Waldorf-Astoria, I have to say the Trump has been trumped, and mainly it's because one does not feel pressure to tip at Elysian and also:

Beds - beds and bedding in need of serious upgrade at Trump. At Elysian, we didn't want to get out of the beds they were so fabulous!

Room Service - Trump a contender here as quality was good and delivery timely, but Elysian gets the nod for hotter foods served hotter and cold served cold and more variety. Pet peeve - the butter at Trump was cold and hard - at Elysian, they took care to deliver softened butter for my breakfast toast.

Spa - Trump spa is showing its age, walls discolored in places, walking path worn in tile to pool, and attendant nowhere to be found when we needed one. Elysian is tops of all five-star spas in my book. Can't wait to go back.

Access to dining/cocktail lounges - Trump needs to provide hotel guests with preferred access to the outdoor terrace at Sixteen. When I am paying $800+ per night, I feel I should be given this kind of carte blanche. When guests at Elysian they took care of us at Balsam and Ria w/o reservations even though both were very crowded when we showed up w/o reservation. At Trump, we sat and waited like anyone who walked in off the street.

Tipping - the no tipping policy at Elysian/W-A puts them at the apogee of the five-star Chicago hotels in my opinion. Build it into the already expensive room price - and let me enjoy a break from the tip thing. I'm a generous tipper as a rule, but I do tire of it after a while. Another pet peeve: it does not require two people to get my baggage from my room to my car - only one!

We will likely be giving the Elysian/W-A our business going forward, especially since one may now accrue Hilton Honors points there.

Davooda

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Davooda
TrumpHotel, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the beds, room service and Spa during your recent visit. I welcome you to contact me directly by calling the hotel at 312.588.8000 so that we may fully investigate your experience.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Chicago.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Vice President & Managing Director

Reviewed 1 August 2012

the views from the rooftop are amazing! this is a nice place for date night or to see and be seen. I love the rooftop here. It's spacious and the views are breath taking. Head to the roof top! I went with my girlfriends but would preferred a man :)

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Terrace at Trump for your recent visit and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you and your girlfriends enjoyed your experience and that you are considering returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have stayed regularly at the Trump. It has long been my favorite hotel in Chicago, but I have started staying elsewhere due to one horrible service experience.

Typically, service is phenomenal. They know your name (if you're a regular guest), rooms are great, lobby is stunning, rooms are comfortable (particularly the Spa rooms).

I had one *horrible* service experience here though. The problem is that they will not compensate you in any way for trouble -- you'll get an *I'm sorry*, but nothing that actually says the hotel is sorry. Even if you're forced to move rooms at 4am. And downgraded to a lower-quality room in the process.

I will consider going back someday, but the Hotel needs to come up with proper exception processes for when things go wrong. Guests can't just be expected to look the other way when the hotel really drops the ball. It's about saying that the hotel is sorry and feels pain for process failures.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jk091980
TrumpHotel, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to my attention and reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed after your stay with us. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and to better understand your experience.

I welcome you to contact me directly by calling the hotel at 312.588.8000 and asking for me so that I may fully investigate your experience. I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Vice President & Managing Director