“Good location, decent price!”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #24 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Indianapolis, IN
“Good location, decent price!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband booked himself into this hotel for a two-week work engagement and suggested that we (myself and our two children) come and visit at the end of his contract. The hotel itself can be tricky to find. It's perched atop the Majestic Theatre on Monroe and has a small doorway and sign next to the large theatre marquee. The room was beyond spacious (gigantic 15ft ceilings!), but the decor was a bit bland (they overdid it with the burnt orange color.. on everything). Each floor has six rooms, max, which is actually quite nice. However, the walls are thin. VERY thin. If you don't mind hearing the person in the room using the bathroom, you're fine. Our only complaint was breakfast. The food was constantly refilled, hot, and pretty good. However, seating was a bear. My husband and children wound up sitting on the floor in the corner because there just wasn't enough places to sit. Other than that, it was a decent stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
GM_Majestic, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our property! It means so much to us to hear our guests feedback. Breakfast at our location can be a bit tricky on a busy morning. It is something that we are looking forward to expanding at the beginning of next year. Plans have been set in motion! We hope that you would consider choosing us again if you plan on visiting Chicago in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to make your arrangements.

Thank you again!

Leighann LaVelle
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed recently whilst attending a conference a few block away at a much more expensive hotel

It was an excellent hotel, centrally located with good sized rooms etc. The staff were friendly and I had a great room

My only complaint was that the awful throw-away cutlery and plates at breakfast. I really think Hampton need to get a grip on their environmental policy because not only does it feel like eating on a cheap airline but I wouldnt imagine it was desirable to be throwing out all that rubbish each day!

Anyway, just a small blemish on a great stay which I enjoyed enormously

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank UKtraveller566
GM_Majestic, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate it!!

TN
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I went to Chicago for the first time and we stayed at this charming hotel. It was a Hampton Inn so I wasn't expecting anymore than the usual and in some ways it was just your normal hotel. However, overall it was great. From the location to the staff to the room, it was very nice. The room was clean and roomy by big city standards. The bed was great and the shower (hot water, pressure, etc.) was excellent. The views were nothing to write home about but it is not the tallest building around.
The two things I had read about as being inconveniences, the small elevators and the small breakfast area, were just that, inconveniences. And for the room rate we got, I can put up with some small hassles such as waiting for elevators or taking breakfast to my room.
I would definitely go back there, if the price is right.

Room Tip: Ask the doormen. They knew what they were talking about as far as food and things to do. Very info...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank holders2
GM_Majestic, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Holders2,

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your first stay in Downtown Chicago and that we could be a part of that! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, my team and I truley appreciate it!

Columbus, OH
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The Hampton Majestic is what most hotels should be like, but not enough are. The room was clean, all furnishings were in great condition, the beds were super comfortable, the TV worked and had a great picture, the bathrooms were clean and adequately lighted, the facility was quiet for the city... I could go on. It had everything you need and nothing to complain about.

While I wouldn't consider this a special occasion hotel - there isn't anything that makes you say "wow" - this is a great choice for a stay in the city. You'll get what you should from a quality hotel.

Some of the best things about it:
- location in South Loop convenient to Millenium Park and the Art Institute and to the L Red Line
- given the narrow space, there are only about 8 rooms per floor which minimizes people walking by your door or slamming their doors, making for a peaceful stay
- the bell crew who seems to be on duty 24/7 was helpful and instilled a sense of security
- the warm room colors (browns, rusts, reds), while not bright, we're calming and comforting
- a small detail, but I loved the nightlight built into the bathroom light switch - this should be standard in every hotel room everywhere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank TheContrarian
GM_Majestic, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Contrarian,

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful detailed review!! I'm very glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Chicago! I hope you are able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days while I visited Chicago. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean. It's located right next to the Loop, so I was able to get on the CTA really fast. Breakfast was really busy and they were able to keep everything clean and the food was fresh and hot. Housekeeping was friendly! Overall, really good stay. I would stay here again the next time I'm in Chicago.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank HGI_GM_Annapolis
Thanks for the great review!! I'm glad you had a great stay with us and a great trip to Chicago!
Hopefully you have an opportunity to stay with us again soon!