“Great Lunch at Grand Lux”
Review of Grand Lux Cafe

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #164 of 10,215 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Description: A world of food awaits at Grand Lux Cafe featuring internationally inspired cuisine.Located on the corner of Michigan Avenue at Ontario above AT&T. The entrance is on Ontario.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited the Grand Lux on impulse and was seated almost immediately, with a table overlooking Michigan Avenue. A great place to people watch whilst drinking a very decent Malbec. I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie from the lunch special menu. As the dish was taking a while to prepare, I was offered a complimentary house salad. The bread was very good, and I wouldn't have eaten all of it if I realised the portion of my main course was so huge. The pastry on the pie was delicious and so too was the filling. Suffice to say I did not have room for dessert, but did pick up some take away Key Lime Pie the next day. The interior of the Cafe is incredible and is well worth a visit if you're in Chicago.

1  Thank andyh67186334

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Dinner was good. Arrived around 545 on a Sunday & were seated right away. The restaurant was busy & only had a few tables available. We were seated right next to the window overlooking Michigan Ave which was nice. Our waiter started off good then declined thru dinner. He never came back to check if we needed anything, ask how everything was etc. He managed to come back & ask if we wanted dessert. All of our meals were good but service was definitely lacking. If we were in Chicago again we might stop since all 3 meals were good.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The view in this place was fantastic. The food was excellent and there could not be more attentive waiters. They were professional and caring. The food was so good. The taste was great.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Saturday brunch has a very good selection of Mexican omelets and assorted egg fare. Other options available. Expect to pay about $12 for entree. Seated next to window gave a nice view of street activity.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Grand Lux Cafe is ok. The wait for a table was long, but that is expected on any Saturday night. The thing I had a problem with is that while waiting, people were brought into different rooms and areas. It was like a never ending waiting game. While waiting for my table for 2, about 10 parties passed by us until we had to speak to the manager to get a table. The staff seemed like they were overwhelmed. My appetizer came out before my drink which was not ideal. The food was good. My favorite part of the meal was dessert. The beignets were delicious. If you’re looking for good desserts, I would recommend. If not, skip this place.

1  Thank Kate F