New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #351 of 9,340 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Bongo Breakfast Safari”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

The Bongo Room attracts flocks of hungry diners... and for good reason. The food is great! Our band of four tried a variety of menu items ranging from the BLT Benedict to Pancakes with Bananas and Bacon. Everything was right on target. Saturday morning breakfast service was crowded and we had to wait for a half hour or so, but when we got in the waiters were quick with the coffee and our food arrived promptly. Smiles all around. Are the seats in the booths covered with ostrich leather? ...Exotic!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Truly the most delicious, creative breakfast ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I never thought I would be saying this at my age, but today I ate the best breakfast I have ever had, and I've eaten lots of delicious breakfasts. This food is beyond creative, using the freshest ingredients, fabulous teas, coffees, mimosas also. Terrific service. Can't wait to go back! Also, a great value!

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“So tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stopped in to the Bongo Room for brunch with friends. There was an hour and half wait, but my friends (locals) knew that would be the case [apparently this joint is always hoppin'), so we'd planned ahead and had a snack at home. We spent the wait wandering around the neighborhood shopping, which was tons of fun. Then we got to have the most delicious meal I had while in Chicago. I had a tasty omelet, and we split (as dessert) the most amazing pancakes with caramel and cream sauce on them. I'm pretty sure there were also pretzels crumbled up in the pancakes. It was like heaven!

Even with the wait, I'd recommend this place to anyone. Just plan ahead and know you'll have some time to kill.

Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“fresh and flavorful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Huge omelets that are fresh and flavorful. i had one with chorizo, avocado, potato, and cheese...very tasty and twice as much as i could finish. Freh squeezed blood orange juice was in season. Good value for what you get.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Breakfast Find in YEARS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

After using my TripAdvisor app for a great Breakfast,...we had to try The Bongo Room and man oh man were we HAPPY that we did!

There were five of us dining and we had eggs with a side of one pancake. The kids had full orders of what can only be described as DESSERT pancakes,...my daughter had teh white chocolate, caramel pretzel pancakes and my son had the Red Velvet pancakes. He actually said the icing was too sweet to eat them all (this is my sugar addict talking here, color me surprised!) Our friend had the avocado, bacon tomato omelet and she is convinced there was an entire avocado in there, it was delicious. A side of bacon was a bit pricey; but it turned out you could easily share it with three people. This restaurant was kitschy, cool and perfect in every way! Go for the food, enjoy the experience!