“fresh and flavorful”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Huge omelets that are fresh and flavorful. i had one with chorizo, avocado, potato, and cheese...very tasty and twice as much as i could finish. Freh squeezed blood orange juice was in season. Good value for what you get.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

After using my TripAdvisor app for a great Breakfast,...we had to try The Bongo Room and man oh man were we HAPPY that we did!

There were five of us dining and we had eggs with a side of one pancake. The kids had full orders of what can only be described as DESSERT pancakes,...my daughter had teh white chocolate, caramel pretzel pancakes and my son had the Red Velvet pancakes. He actually said the icing was too sweet to eat them all (this is my sugar addict talking here, color me surprised!) Our friend had the avocado, bacon tomato omelet and she is convinced there was an entire avocado in there, it was delicious. A side of bacon was a bit pricey; but it turned out you could easily share it with three people. This restaurant was kitschy, cool and perfect in every way! Go for the food, enjoy the experience!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

My friend and I each ordered a savory option (mine was a delicious breakfast burrito) and then split the pumpkin spice chocolate chunk cheesecake pancakes; all of the food was awesome. The place is not conducive to having a long, relaxing meal with it being so crowded (at least on a Saturday morning), but well worth the wait and any rush.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Absolutely worth the cab ride if you are staying in downtown Chicago! Some of the best pancakes (white chocolate and pretzel) I have ever had, along with the best eggs Benedict with pork and kale!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Great little place off the beaten track with unique selections. I had their pumpkin cheesecake chocolate chip pancakes with cream sauce....absolutely to die for! My significant other had their croissant and potatoes which was equally fantastic, not to mention priced right! We went on a Thursday afternoon and only waited for a minute before we were seated. Breakfast is served all day :)