“Are you kidding me?! And you call yourself a sports bar....REALLY!”
Review of Ginger's Ale House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Irish
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Reviewed 28 May 2011

So, I went to Ginger's Ale House to watch the championship futbol match between Manchester United and Barcelona (my team who won thank you.) The place is filled with folks six deep to the main bar and the same in the adjacent second room. I want to meet the owner and General manager. This place staffed 2 bartenders (one was new to the place) and maybe 3 servers for a championship game. Only one bar open inbetween the two rooms. It was comical and dare I say feces. Not only did they upset curent customers, but potential repeat customers with not enough staffing...and, there was no leadership present. What a joke. I was in the second bar room area. It was so like the inmates running the asylum. Yup, after the game started...customers were pouring their own pitchers of beer for FREE. Not only that, some guests actually went out to outside vendors and brought into the bar their own food and beer in to watch the game. Did I mention the folks who ordered breakfast items at 11:30 AM received it around 1:45 pm? Hey GINGER'S ALE LEADERSHIP TEAM: You owe your staff a huge thank you for having the courage to stay and deal with the tsunami of what could have been but was a bad situation you created. And you deserve being a loser award for not taking this championship game seriously relative to staffing. You lost potential repeat customers, you lost $$$$ REVENUE. It should be noted that we did take care of Alison, our server. She had a great attitude knowing the obvious circumstance that YOU THE OWNERSHIP created. Did I mention, she ended up bartending in the main room cause they got behind with the overwhelming turn out. To think, on the Internet they say Ginger's Ale House is a Soccer/futbol bar. I say RED CARD Baby. You blew it! Instead of Game On, it's GAME OVAH. What a joke! Your competition in this restaurant market will be very happy. Hello! Anybody listening, reading? Good. Find something better. You deserve it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook