“Good Food”
Review of Andies Restaurant

Andies Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Andies Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,646 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We're closest to Berwyn stop (about 0.7 miles) on the Red Line. There are also several bus route nearby.
Brampton
“Good Food”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very attentive service, nice open window seat. Calamari appetizer was okay. The Bastilla - chicken wrapped in phylo pastry was good as well as the curry and saffron coucous (really tasty). The gluten-free pita was nice the second batch - first batch was dry and over-cooked.

• Visited July 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Central Ohio
“Fabulous neighborhood place even if you are not in the neighborhood”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The food is great! We started with the appetizer sampler and it was astonishing. The baba ganouj is smoky and subtle; the hummus is bright and fresh; and the harressa was brilliant on the plate and on the tongue. Our entrees were equal to the starters, with chicken and lamb subtly seasoned and served over the most wonderful dilled rice. I saved half my entree for lunch the next day, and the flavors of the chicken and artichokes in white wine sank into the rice and were a wonderful cold salad. The prices are very reasonable, especially for the portions, and there is a good wine list and a house sangria. We sat indoors, but next to wide doors that open onto the sidewalk dining area, and felt like we were in the Mediterranean. I highly recommend this place, which is easy to reach by the bus going up Clark Street, even if you are downtown in the Loop.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alice S
Chicago, Illinois
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

To be fair, I went to this restaurant starving, which usually means I'll love anything you put in front of me. However, we arrived at 8:20 and the food didn't arrive until 8:55. The restaurant was only a quarter full and we ordered simple things, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start with the service. Sam, our waiter, had the personality of a tree. I attempted to make light talk, but that didn't work. He had no recommendations and simply pointed out the specials on the menu without describing them. I thought maybe I was over exaggerating; however, my companion mentioned it as soon as the waiter walked away. Hmm. Not a good sign. Finally, when the food arrived, I was prepared to eat anything. We ordered some appetizers and one entree to share. I said to bring whatever was done out first. Instead, everything came out at the same time. We had the dates as an appetizer. They were okay. We also had the Balek, which was a lamb spring roll. It was pretty good, but then again, fried food usually is. We had the special mint salad. We both hated it and felt we were choking on the herbs that they added. Finally, we had the Vegetable platter with hummus, baba ganoush, feta and spinach pie, and garlic dip. This was pretty good, but we had already ate pita bread while waiting for the food, so we were kind of over the pita by this point. I don't usually blame a restaurant for the quality of service; however, this was the trifecta that warranted a low rating.

• Visited May 2012
San Marcos, California
“Love Mediterranean food and this place is great...”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We were gonna go to the next door Mediterranean place which I have visited several times when we used to live in Chicago but for some reason the doors won't open and we decided to go to Andies. I was glad that I was able to try it because the food was excellent. The server was very nice, he made sure that he gave us information on the food they serve and he was very attentive. We got hummus and pita for starters. I ordered beef kebobs with Greek salad that was amazing. Price was good for a sit in dining. Will definitely visit again when I get the chance.

Visited February 2012
Covina, California
“Good mediterranean cuisine”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

"Average" rating only because quality is a bit uneven, but hummus appetizer was great, and their grilled skewers are delicious. Also, nice ambiance, decent service, and you can walk Clark St. before/after eating for some cool unusual shopping (don't miss the nearby artsy Galleria).

Visited December 2011