“Great steaks”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 80
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Oak Street
Description: Unbelievable food, efficient & fun service, & the highest quality products available, served in an exciting setting, seems like a simple equation for a great Saturday night out. The difference at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is that this is a nightly occurrence with the same excitement & weekend energy found every day of the week. As thousands before have discovered, it only takes one trip to get you hooked.
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This place has great steak but pricey. My problem is the huge portions. Does one really need a 24 oz piece of steak? The smallest portion was a 10 oz tenderloin. I got the peppercorn coated version: spicy but excellent.

For a pricey place poor ambience: loud and tables really close to each other.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had heard a positive buzz about this place before, but I thought it would be just like Lawry's. To be honest it is light years away from it. The decor of the place is average, it looks sort of like an upscale pizza hut; the good thing is that it is laid back and not so stuffy.

The food is insane, on friday's they have a lobster bisque that makes your heart skip a beat, or two. Also the crab salad with avocado is really good.

And the beef, well it is fantastic. Well cooked. Try the mushrooms and the twice baked potato as sides, you will love it. Enjoy!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

The atmosphere at Gibsons was lovely. The food was very good - I hate to admit this, but I had 4 slices of that incredible raisin bread, before my steak even arrived.

With this being day two in Chicago, and having adjusted to the huge portions restaurants in Chicago seem to serve, my husband and I knew to share our meal. And we agreed that the steak was good, I wouldn't say it was the best steak I've ever had..but it was cooked property, and was very good.

Having said that, when we return to Chicago, we will dine at Gibsons again because of our waiter, Michael K. He is the reason we will return (and we will ask to sit in his section!). Michael was such a treat - he had such a sunny disposition, and he answered our NUMEROUS questions and gave us so many ideas about what to do with our time in Chicago, it was really this personal touch that made our evening so special.

1  Thank Diamondlover
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Delicious food, great people who were attentive and the place was beautiful to be in!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This a quintisential steak house that stretches itself to make your meal personally attended to. We had delicious steaks and very attentive service. It is also very disabled-friendly.

Been to Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK