2,270 results
All reviewsrooftop barfront deskfourth floorgreat hotelriver northmodern hotelwhole foodshigher floorenjoyed my staybed was very comfortablemini fridgegreat roomthe magnificent milefew blocksmichigan avethe loopdolce
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had an excellent 4 night stay, 2 adults, 1 16 yo. Hotel is spacious, very clean, and well-designed. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Central location, though not the most exciting spot. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Randy G, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Sbarkin - Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The room was great. The bed was very nice. The shower door, for some reason, wouldn't actually close. I had to put a wash cloth in it to keep it from opening. We were charged before we actually arrived to the hotel. We were driving from Ohio and were planning on paying cash for the room but my account was charged before getting there and it was somewhat difficult to find a Huntington so I could deposit all the money I had taken out to be able to pay. Otherwise, it was a great room and great service. Would recommend if planning a trip to Chicago.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi caseys9999 - Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We appreciate your feedback, and we'e happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your candid feedback about some items not being to standards in the room, such as the shower door. We will certainly ensure these types for things are checked daily so as not to occur again. Thank you again and we hope you have a nice day.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Only stayed 1 night during business visit to Chicago. Very modern clean and comfortable hotel in great location only a few minutes walk to Michigan Avenue shopping and centrally located to all Chicago attractions.
Very helpful and friendly staff.
Will definitely stay again, highly recommend p!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hi Ken E - Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for business. Thank you again for visiting us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I booked the Godfrey Hotel using a partner app for a stay last night. Upon checking in they told me they needed to send me to another hotel which was a huge inconvenience and did not have as good reviews. I decided to call the partner app to get this figured out. When I was on the phone with the company, they allowed 4 people to check in.

When I asked about this, their response was: "They booked directly through the hotel and not the partner app, they have priority."

Tommy at the front desk was arrogant, rude, and smug. He was no help and treated me like a second-class citizen.

I understand overbookings happen, but punishing me for using a partner app is wrong and even more importantly, Tommy should have done more to treat me with respect. When asking for the GM's number, he gave me a generic hotel business card. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt W
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went for a Rose tasting on the balcony; stayed for appetizers and drinks. Great location, view, service and experience. We had a larger group and it was the perfect setting for this size and the event we attended. The Lobby is large, and there are two sets of elevators for easy access to the rooftop. (i.e the Godfrey I/O)

Stayed: January 2018
Randy G, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi mindibucks - Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the tasting on our urban roofscape. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!