“Great African and International food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Go eat here to try something different. I'm a foodie and my roots are Caribbean/African. Good vibe and people at this place. Ask them what's good and they will give you a sample. a break from normal Chicago eats.

2  Thank Hopie_Don

Reviewed 5 July 2015

We had dinner in this restaurant because it is not so easy to find authentic African cooking in Germany. The restaurant has a very simple interior but all is clean and reasonable. We just asked for a good/typical choice and got a mixture of several items. All were fine and home made. It is more a kind of 'Mothers kitchen' than a restaurant. And this was what we were searching for. So don't expect too exotic things but give it a trial.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I'm a Nigerian and this food is definitely authentic, fresh and delicious. Will be visiting again. The server was very polite,table was cleaned throughout the meal, and we were checked on regularly. Even better, they play some great Nigerian music while you eat. Only disappointment is that they ran out of meat pie :-(

Reviewed 27 March 2011

It's been a while since this restaurant was reviewed, so thought I would update. Went along with some adventuresome friends, but since I just happened to eat some French pheasant pate for breakfast, this was a bit of a come-down. The food all seemed to be freshly prepared, and the fish was fresh and the goat young. There weren't many diners for a Saturday,though, so I wonder how this place stays in business. Nevertheless, this was a nice introduction to Sub Saharan African food. The restaurant is a hop, skip and jump from the Red Line Granville stop (also the Broadway bus), so it is an easy destination.

While many reviewers rave about the authentic food, I wouldn't have a clue. I think my style is more like you would get in a 4 star hotel. I knew it wasn't that coming in, and Vee Vee's did not disappoint. Nevertheless, it was an opportunity to try white yam, and other very ethnic specialties.

The people were polite and friendly, which added greatly to the meal. There was no-hassle, no charge BYOB, but maybe bring a glass, too--we had to use our water glasses. Generally speaking, the atmosphere is authentic Third World. The menu says that Vee Vee's has a booth at Taste of Chicago, so if you are at the Taste, stop by the stand. If you like the look of what they have, I definitely would buy it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook