“Wow - lovely people and exceptional food - oh yeah... and its vegan!”
Review of Amitabul

Amitabul
Ranked #727 of 10,732 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 14 April 2017

We found Amitabul this week when visiting Chicago and looking for a restaurant that would offer a vegan option. What a lovely place... The menu resembles a Korean menu - but has a nice variety of offerings that clearly show there is a creative mind in the kitchen. Everything is vegan, but bursting with flavor and nutritionally balanced. Highly recommended. We will be back the next time we are in Chicago.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for the past 7 years and love it. The food is always so good and delicious. Everything I've tried was good.

1  Thank Azra H
Reviewed 14 February 2017

So many friends have recommended Amitabul to us over the years, so finally, last week we went to try it. Located a bit north east of downtown Chicago, we found parking easily and seated ourselves at approx.1:30 pm in the afternoon on a Saturday. The serene atmosphere and hushed, calm conversations of the other patrons made for a relaxing and calming environment. Service was fast and prompt. Food quality was good, Best for those into clean, vegan, asian cuisine. We had a noodle soup that was so large that we brought half of it home, and another dish called Dark Side of the Moon, with a medley of wonderful tasting mushrooms in a dark black bean sauce. Prices are moderate, and the server recommended a green smoothie which was absolutely delicious.

1  Thank visitorfromelsewhere
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Let me state that I'm not overly familiar with Korean food - so I'm no expert. This restaurant is vegan Korean, which I thought would be very interesting. The food we had was probably well prepared, but simply lacked flavor. It was fine -- just not great. The potstickers were rather bland, and my entree of stir fried veggies and brown rice was as well. Adding the hot sauce and soy on the table didn't markedly improve them either. My friend felt similarly about her soup, which the waiter told us was the best soup in town. So again, I'm absolutely no expert on this cuisine, but I was not wowed.

1  Thank Awilda0216
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere. Quick good service.
Excellent healthy food. The menu was hard to chose from. All options were very appealing.
Highly recommended