“Pretty good Korean food”
Review of Amitabul

Amitabul
Ranked #714 of 10,253 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Let me state that I'm not overly familiar with Korean food - so I'm no expert. This restaurant is vegan Korean, which I thought would be very interesting. The food we had was probably well prepared, but simply lacked flavor. It was fine -- just not great. The potstickers were rather bland, and my entree of stir fried veggies and brown rice was as well. Adding the hot sauce and soy on the table didn't markedly improve them either. My friend felt similarly about her soup, which the waiter told us was the best soup in town. So again, I'm absolutely no expert on this cuisine, but I was not wowed.

1  Thank Awilda0216

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere. Quick good service.
Excellent healthy food. The menu was hard to chose from. All options were very appealing.
Highly recommended

1  Thank Aanrader1979
Reviewed 19 October 2016

What a great little VEGAN restaurant!! The menu is extensive and there is no shortage of vegetables in any of the dishes. Asian style vegan food that is delicious. Their ginger energy tea is so good!! I wish it was a little closer to downtown Chicago. It would be my go to place. Very healthy food and a lovely homely atmosphere.

1  Thank Elisabeth B
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I am s glad this restaurant is near by my house. There is nothing else worth stopping by around. It is small, family own with no fancy interior but it is always full because food is delicious and host/owner very polite and attending. I even don't think there is a better vegan restaurant in town than this one.
You don't have to make reservations and there is always plenty of free parking on the streets around.
But remember it is closed on Sundays and Mondays!

1  Thank Anna G
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Wonderful vegan food - you have the option of requesting mild or spicy. Efficient, nice wait staff. Not overly crowded. Not too noisy. It was the perfect place for a scrumptious meal. Parking might be a challenge but we were lucky and found street parking in front of the place. Huge number of menu selections-- it was difficult to decide.

1  Thank Wanderer292