“Only question you need to ask is... When can I make a reservation?”

Topo Gigio Ristorante
Ranked #45 of 10,253 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 11 February 2018

A most satisfying experience. Delicious food, great atmosphere, good service... the total package. Started with grilled Calamari for an appetizer. This had a very nice sauce and you drizzle some Lemon on top and it was exquisite! The bread they brought out even before the Starter was warm and mmmmmm good. Had to get more of that.
I got the Minestrone soup. I was initially thinking what self respecting Italian restaurant is not going to have a Minestrone soup? Actually this one they offer it only on Saturdays! This was by far the best Minestrone I have ever tasted. The tomato base on the soup was delightful. Would highly recommend.
For the main course I got a Chicken stuffed with Spinach and Cheese and topped off with Porcini Mushroom sauce. It came with some Asparagus as well. Delicious again.
To close things off my wife and I split a Tiramisu (yes, you are thinking how cliche). This was a large portion of Tiramisu and it was a good thing that we split it. Once again a Home Run. Delicious and not too sweet.
Only complaint I have is... no Napkins in the Restroom to dry your hands.
The waiter was very helpful, full of information and attentive to our needs. My wife had a couple of glasses of Malbec wine which she enjoyed greatly as well.
Overall, felt like a European experience right in the middle of Chicago.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Our family went to see Second City's Holidazed and Confused Revue at the Up Comedy Club and we ate at this restaurant after the show. The food was good and everyone enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Went here on the recommendation of Drew and Michael at the Hotel Lincoln.
Lovely restaurant, who managed to fit us in even though on our first time it was quite late, and the place was very busy.
The food did not dissapoint and we enjoyed superb dishes including Osso Bucco and Steak Medallions.
The portions are generous, the waiting staff are courteous, and the wine was very good also.
Thoroughly recommended

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were out celebrating our son's birthday. He picked the place. I was wondering if it was named after the mouse on Ed Sullivan's and it was. My wife said that was the best Calamari she has ever had. I liked it a lot as well. Other appetizers were also very good. Most had pasta and loved it. I had a steak and it was very good.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I've been to this restaurant at least 100 times. The food is excellent. Some of my favorites are the linguini and clam sauce, the pasta made with arugula,the veal Milanese (which they will make specially for you) and I contend that their whitefish plate is the best in town. I've had almost everything on the menu and I have found no dish that I wouldn't order again., The restaurant gets very crowded, so reservations are recommended if you are going to arrive after 6p.m.The waiters are very friendly and accommodating.