“Enjoyed twice in three days!”

Topo Gigio Ristorante
Ranked #66 of 10,826 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Went here on the recommendation of Drew and Michael at the Hotel Lincoln.
Lovely restaurant, who managed to fit us in even though on our first time it was quite late, and the place was very busy.
The food did not dissapoint and we enjoyed superb dishes including Osso Bucco and Steak Medallions.
The portions are generous, the waiting staff are courteous, and the wine was very good also.
Thoroughly recommended

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were out celebrating our son's birthday. He picked the place. I was wondering if it was named after the mouse on Ed Sullivan's and it was. My wife said that was the best Calamari she has ever had. I liked it a lot as well. Other appetizers were also very good. Most had pasta and loved it. I had a steak and it was very good.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I've been to this restaurant at least 100 times. The food is excellent. Some of my favorites are the linguini and clam sauce, the pasta made with arugula,the veal Milanese (which they will make specially for you) and I contend that their whitefish plate is the best in town. I've had almost everything on the menu and I have found no dish that I wouldn't order again., The restaurant gets very crowded, so reservations are recommended if you are going to arrive after 6p.m.The waiters are very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Don't try and buy a gift certificate from here, the person who deals with that is both inefficient and unpleasant. I think I will just spend my money elsewhere from now on. There are a lot of choices in the city of Chicago, this is one I won't be making anymore....There is nothing so special about this place that I need to endure nastiness

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We never miss an opportunity to visit this traditional Italian restaurant. Everything is fresh, made to order and very nice sized portions. Love the atmosphere so much and they do a wonderful bit of holiday decorating so everyone feels festive. The bars (indoor and outdoor-yes outdoor! though well sheltered in winter) are very popular in no small part due to the awesome bartenders. Veal or chicken piccata is great and almost any pasta dish is a winner. This is absolutely our go-to spot.