“Just plain RUDE”

Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Don't try and buy a gift certificate from here, the person who deals with that is both inefficient and unpleasant. I think I will just spend my money elsewhere from now on. There are a lot of choices in the city of Chicago, this is one I won't be making anymore....There is nothing so special about this place that I need to endure nastiness

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We never miss an opportunity to visit this traditional Italian restaurant. Everything is fresh, made to order and very nice sized portions. Love the atmosphere so much and they do a wonderful bit of holiday decorating so everyone feels festive. The bars (indoor and outdoor-yes outdoor! though well sheltered in winter) are very popular in no small part due to the awesome bartenders. Veal or chicken piccata is great and almost any pasta dish is a winner. This is absolutely our go-to spot.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Happened on Topo Gigio after a show and looking for a late dinner. We arrived just before the kitchen was about to close. The staff was very inviting and accommodating to us. I had the white fish which was Superb my wife chose the eggplant which was Excellent, my daughter chose the Tortellini which was Second to None! and we are proud of our pastas in St.Louis "The Hill" A Wonderful dining experience! Luke

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We took our family here for a fantastic meal. Everything is good, start with the garlic bread and it gets better with every order. We wrapped up a lot of food for the next day. It was just as delicious.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We had a group of seven before going to Second City on a Saturday night. The restaurant was packed with an energetic and friendly atmosphere. All of the pasta dishes were delicious, fresh and huge portions. Very old style homemade Italian food. The fusilli alla topo giglio and the garganelli with porcini mushrooms and sausage were hits. We were sorry we had to leave before dessert for the show. Friendly service too.