“We wouldn't return for Deep Dish”
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #3,667 of 9,877 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

We visited the Avondale branch, a more casual one than others we spotted in the city- Order and pay at a counter, BYOB. After a 45 minute wait (we were advised the pie would take that long) we were presented with our deep dish pizza pie. Our first of this type. The filling was tasty- layers of marinara, cheese, pepperoni, pepper, onion, mushroom. I added a little salt and pepper seasoning. The pastry base was perhaps a little underdone and easily peeled away from the filling. I had to leave some of the pastry. Good value. We are glad we tried it but would opt for a thin crust if we came again.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Sub par pizza. I've tried many deep dish Chicago pizzas. This one is my least favorite. Also, the calamari was under cooked but the waitress took care of it for me.

Giordanos M, Guest Relations Manager at Giordano's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Hello Sherry!
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

While we are happy to hear you are a Giordano's fan, I am saddened that your experience at our Logan Square location did not meet or exceed your expectations.

Please contact me at l.havey@giordanos.com with "Logan Square Trip Advisor Review" in the subject line.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Lisa, Customer Service

Reviewed 13 May 2015

I used to live in the nearby Logan Square neighbourhood, and this was a great option for deep dish pizza without fighting through the tourists downtown. On a recent visit back to Chicago my family and I went to this Giordano's location for the required Chicago style pizza.

There is a lot of debate about which restaurants in Chicago serve the best deep dish pizza. Having eaten at many of them, I would say Giordano's offers one of the better options. For those who have not eaten these pizzas in Chicago, pick a smaller pizza than you might expect (eg 8 slices is enough for a family of 4) and expect to pay more than you would for a typical pizza of that size. The one downside to virtually all Chicago-style pizza places is that they can be difficult when you ask to substitute items. Typically they will allow you to take an item off a 'set' pizza, but if you want to replace it they will charge extra.

Although the menu options are consistent across the Giordano's chain, this location is nice for a few reasons. It is a neighbourhood location, away from the crush of tourists, and the staff there were excellent. They provided excellent service for our family, and the few other customers that came in while we were visiting seemed to enjoy the same quality service. The downside for most who are visiting Chicago is getting to the location. If you are visiting Chicago from out of town, be adventurous! Take the blue line to Logan Square or Belmont and walk the few blocks to Giordano's. It will get you out of the tourist traps downtown, and you can see a Chicago neighbourhood.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Normally, I love Giordano's. In fact their deep dish spinach and mushroom is my favorite Chicago pizza. But this time when we ordered delivery, it came from this location. It arrived on time, but had about half the amount of ingredients that we normally receive. They compromised the quality of the product to make extra money. Plus they didn't include the little packets of oregano and red pepper. I will never order from this location again!!

Reviewed 9 October 2014

Ordered a small stuffed pizza that was amazing but cost $26!!! Way too much of a pizza this size. It took a good 40 minutes to cook and even though it was only 12 inches across two men my size (6' 250 lbs) would be satisfied after eating half of it. I heard a lot about them and had to try their food because I don't ever get to Chicago. It's definitely a bucket list item. So if you don't mind the added expense go for it and enjoy it with a friend or two.

Been to Giordano's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK