“Perfect Choice”

Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #234 of 10,258 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Stetson
Description: Discover the unexpected at Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi. We deliver a non-traditional steakhouse experience in a comfortable urban setting. Flexible portions of thoughtfully sourced natural beef, sustainable seafood and organic produce are crafted into variety of internationally inspired shareable dishes that clearly convey...This is not your typical Chicago Steak House. Dine at one of the best restaurants in Chicago.
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Attended a company event and was invited to dinner. there were approximately 12 of us. The restaurant is accessed via the lobby of the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Great atmosphere, friendly and efficient service. Since we were a large party, a limited menue was offered that covered fish, steaks, chichen and vegan. For appetizers we were served platters of well prepared and colorfull sushi. I had the grilled salmon that was made to perfection, but all the plates looked very appetizing. A selection of miniature pasties on nicely presented platters were served for desserts. Desset presentation was great, I thought, though that they could have tasted a bit fresher.
Service was impeccable despite the many special requests. All was responded to with friendly smiles.
my only comment would be to suggest a different table configuration for larger groups. Networking between two oppoait sidea of the table was impossible.

Certainly recommend a visit back

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Traveling for business, I am fine with dining alone in nice restaurants. I made a reservation for one, took a seat at the bar to sip a cocktail, and was made to feel so welcomed by bartender, Rock Star Deb, that I decided to dine at the bar. She had many customers besides me, many of whom appeared to be 'regulars' and well known to her. The thing is, I felt well known to her, too, after the pour of my first martini. She delivered great customer service, seamlessly engaged me in light conversation she was having with others, and pretty soon, I felt included just like Norm on Cheers. Sidekick Juan also delivered well and their teamwork, all for the experience of the customer, was everything that my earlier experiences in the Palm Bar, were not. I'll book the Hyatt next time just to visit Stetsons.

I should share that the food was delicious. The presentation was nice, kudos for the experience of the luscious shrimp cocktail and the presentation of a wedge salad. So while writing this, think I'll return tonight for a ribeye. Pretty certain it will be wonderful.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Wanted to try this restaurant had a couple visiting from Puerto Rico and we made it. The first night was full so we try the second night had reservations for 7:00 pm and then changed for an earlier dinner 6:00 pm. Welcoming very warm restaurant ambience nice and noise levels too. Waiter was not so hospitable but the bus boy a great asset to the team order French onion soup good, California roll ok, had the recommended cap steak great option and good to share the other party order the prime rib was not a good option to much fat not a good options whipped potatoes ok over all Experince ok will give it another try if around for another dinner price fine for a steakhouse option.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Stetsons is located in a hotel but it was top notch. 4 adults and 2 children ages 3 & 5. They took great care of us and made us very comfortable with the kids. Good experience. 3 of the 4 adults had the filet the fourth had another type of steak and appetizer of sushi. We shared 2 sides (which are large) and 2 of us had salads. The filet was one of the best my husband and I had in a very long time - cooked exactly as ordered.
Would definitely go back - in fact the other couple have already made plans to go back.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

a reasonable venue, but not cutting edge. the food was simple rather than sophisticated, so travelers used to cutting edge cuisines found on the west coast will be disappointed as it is not as sophisticated as it advertises.

Been to Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK