“Excellent sea food and crab claws!”

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rush
Transit: Red Line Grand stop
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie.Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

THE BEST grilled seafood platters and very veey good crab claws which come already smashed and ready to eat.
Its an amazingly vibrant place and I recommend booking in advance :) TIP: in those days when you havent booked and ur just passing by, just grab a table at the bar in the coctail area before the restaurant - they serve food in there as well and if you dont find any tables available just wait for a few minutes as many times the majority of the people are sta at those tables while waiting for their dining table to be ready- and so they will soon leave their bar table to you! :)

1  Thank Joanne J

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I'd seen Joe's on a cooking channel show which highlighted their crab claws and special mustard sauce and went there to try it. I was cynical having lived in a coastal community for several years. But they did not disappoint. I had the king crab legs and one stone crab claw. They were the best I'd had, and the special sauce really complimented. Really a must try, but do have reservations.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Friend and I ate here and we were very satisfied. Our server Frank was very helpful. The bone in Halibut special was excellent and ahi tuna was excellent. Had shrimp and grits side with red eye gravy which was excellent. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Nathan M
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Have been here many times but last June visit was special. We had friends from out of town and one recently had a birthday. Food was excellent, service fantastic (6 people at our table) and ambience beautiful. Guests were impressed- especially with personalized birthday greeting and complimentary desserts for all. This is one of classiest and consistent dining experiences in Chicago, if not the nation! Highly recommended!!!

2  Thank loneagle7
Reviewed 5 May 2017

I found this restaurant based on the reviews on TA and really liked the menu so we decided to eat there. We tried to get dinner reservations but they were all booked up for dinner (a good sign) so we went for lunch instead. It was obviously an upscale restaurant but they didn't look down on us for being casually clad in jeans. Our waiter was excellent and his suggestions were spot on! I got a James Beard seafood pasta special (the waiter raved about it) and it was truly the best meal I had in Chicago. It was full of seafood (King crab, lobster, shrimp, scallops etc) over homemade linguine like pasta in a pesto sauce. PURE PERFECTION! My friend got the crab cakes with a side of mac and cheese which was also excellent. The prices were ok considering this was upscale. I will definitely come back on my next visit to Chicago.

1  Thank Kim449