1,011 results
All reviews fire station breakfast staff fire department river north front desk breakfast room provide ear plugs great location illinois st light sleeper directly across the street free breakfast breakfast was delicious within walking distance floor facing navy pier self parking
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Standard marriott - small touches,like andes chocolate left by housekeeper. generally well kept hotel. was so pleasant to come across javier and fannie in breakfast rm-THEY WERE SO SWEET, CHEERFUL! very bright and offerred assistance. haven't experienced that in a while.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I was in town for two concerts and had an insanely busy schedule, but the staff at the hotel made the experience very manageable and stress free! Starting with Madison who was very friendly when checking me in! She took my bags for me when I was there before my check in and helped me find somewhere to rest between my concerts. Madison was very professional, friendly, and memorable! When I arrived back to the hotel after hours to pick up my bags, Joy was there to assist me! She was very kind and helpful. She had been told by Madison to expect me and had my bags ready for me! I was very surprised at the communication between employees to help their guests have a smooth experience. Joy then assisted me in getting on a train and gave great directions and advice. Thank you to these staff members who helped me! The hotel was very clean and in a great location. Very pleased with my experience!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
DamonW249, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hi Kathrine,
I am glad that our staff was able to help you out with your stay in Chicago! We are very aware that many people come in to see many events in the city so we always try to be prepared when there is a concert or anything else along those lines. I am so happy that we were able to hit the mark with you there. I will be sure to share this with Madison and Joy for their hard work. We hope the next time you are seeing a concert in Chicago you consider us!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Javier and Fannie were great to my kids (5 & 7) and totally made the breakfast a very pleasant experience. I will stay here again when I am in Chicago. The Valet parking cost $65 which is not bad for Chicago but definitely not on the value side. There is an option of self parking for $49 which is consistent with over night parking in Chicago downtown. The parking staff was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that Fannie and Javier did a great job with your kids and you guys enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

My sisters and I travelled to Chicago to see Hamilton for my sister's birthday. Great accommodations. Javier and Fannie are examples of why everyone should choose Marriott. Kudos to Javier and Fannie.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I have shared your kind words with Javier and Fannie. We hope you enjoyed the show and we are thrilled to have been a part of your weekend.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My wife is running the marathon today and realized as she was getting ready to head to the starting line that her rain gear was not going to work. Fairfield associates Javier & Fannie came to her rescue with heavy duty trash bag perfect for her wait at the start!
From the check in to checkout we encountered friendly staff looking for ways to make our stay a good one.
Great location for in River North that is easy walking distance to Downtown, Miracle Mike, Navy Pier etc. Surrounded by great restaurants and clubs. Rooms above the 5th floor have great view of the city.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

This is a phenomenal story! Thank you for sharing so I could recognize Javier and Fannie. We are very proud to have them on our staff and I am so happy that it made such an impact for you. We look forward to seeing you next year if you choose to run the Marathon again!