“Harassment is free at this establishment.”
Review of Batter & Berries

Batter & Berries
Ranked #11 of 10,872 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Wrightwood Neighbors
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I went to visit with my girlfriend last week, because of the great reviews they have. As soon as we came in the host made her feel uncomfortable by eyeing her up and down blatantly right in her face. We waited for an hour afterwards and we didn’t mind at all because we were excited for the food. The food comes out and it was delicious and we had no complaints. What happened afterwards was absolutely disgusting. After she went to the bathroom and waited there for a while, some servers and the host kept looking at her and making faces in a sick creepy way. Moments later, the host had the balls to come up to my table and ask me, who is she? She’s with you? Is she your wife? After I responded that she was with me, he said comments like “oh wow you’re lucky, she’s f*^%# hot, look at her...” while looking at her direction. While we don’t mind looks, and we can understand admiring a beautiful girl, we don’t tolerate disrespect. Don’t be disrespectful to the point that she couldn’t wait to get out of there because of the harassment she felt. To the owners I would say, teach your employees to treat women with respect and if they can’t behave like decent human beings instead of drooling dogs, then send them home. Through out all this, I didn’t mention anything to her about this. As soon as we left, she told me how disrespectful, how creepy and how harassed she felt. Never again coming back here, the rape culture in this restaurant is very much alive!

Date of visit: December 2018
4  Thank bruxbe

Reviewed 17 December 2018 via mobile

This place is notorious for having a really long wait and you can't make reservations. Came here for breakfast an a Friday morning around 9:30am and it was packed. Thankfully our wait time was about 5 minutes and we were a group of 6. The food here is amazing and comes out fairly quick. Another nice thing about this place is ots very affordable. The wait staff is great; friendly, helpful and always ready to serve. If you have the time & some patience definitely stop by. It's so worth it.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

I really loved this place after the hour and half wait its really small and loud but the food is delicious I had a traditional breakfast while my friend's did pancakes with different fruit toppings everyone really enjoyed their meal worth the wait

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

Always our go to breakfast spot whenever family and friends come in town! Food is just as great as the service. Never disappoints!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 November 2018

the french toast is so good and the fresh fruit is very taste. The different type of dish is great because you would never put together some of dish.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Batter & Berries? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK