“Plenty of food in a fun, noisy environment”
Review of Batter & Berries

Batter & Berries
Ranked #7 of 10,803 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I don't know how you like to wake up: if you need a quiet place to have a meditative start to your day, then look elsewhere than Batter & Berries. This place is always jumping, and has been jammed every time I've gone. That said, if you want a place that's noisy, lively, full of people, with food that comes in large portions, this might be the perfect place. I suspect that a fair number of patrons are having wake-up cocktails to help undo their partying of the night before: the drinks look sizable. Lots of different kinds of pancakes, waffles, egg dishes, etc. to explore. If you want to wake up to a party, this might be your perfect choice.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

They are known for their french toast flight and for good reason. You get 4 different types of french toast, each one more delicious than the last. The prices are reasonable and the decor and atmosphere are great. Note that it can get loud so if that is not your scene maybe go somewhere else.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

The staff here was very friendly! The food was amazing. They always have a different kind of featured French Toast. I recommend giving their daily specials a try, be adventurous!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Came for brunch on Saturday. i am visiting Chicago on my own since my husband is working. Most have been friendly and helpful. Some professed foodies i met last night said this was a must try for brunch. i made my way there. it was crowded and loud. Cute little place cheery decor and everyone having great time .. chatting and laughing. its byob and a few brought champagne and oj. i didn't make reservations but they seated me immediately at the end of a table where several separate couples were seated. my husband would have hated being seated so close to strangers but being alone and more social... i was fine
they are known for their French Toast and several to choose from ... never fear you can choose to order THE FLIGHT OF FRENCH TOAST. so you get one piece of several ... but lady next to me clued me into The SUPER FLIGHT. you get an extra which is oreo. omg. it all was so good.
service was fast and efficient. when they saw i wasn't using my knife and spoon they swiped it off the table without a word ... huh never had that happen. bottomline great brunch!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I visited Chicago for the first time this past weekend and I yelped this restaurant and ....this place was AMAZING. From the customer service to the food!!! It was worth the 45 minute wait. Tucmee (I know, I butchered the spelling, sorry) was a awesome waiter. He was very attentive and welcoming. Also, I believe the other gentleman may have been the manager/owner, he was very pleasant. I love to see owner's engage with their customers. This establishment is highly recommended by myself and my friend. I will definitely be returning to Chicago and Batter and Berries. #LasVegas

Been to Batter & Berries? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK