“Brunch Tuesday morning”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Wrightwood Neighbors
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived about 11-11.30 and it was packed with a twenty minute wait. That time flew by and was def well worth waiting. Noisy, gregarious clientele, super, and I mean super polite and pleasant staff, and a great menu. We gave up our table to a young couple with a very new newborn and they were looked after very well. Again, nice to see.

Food was excellent. You can expect to wait (for me a great sign that items aren't sitting stewing in the kitchen) but there are things to do that don't involve a phone so enjoy the ambience.

Sweet potatoes waffles were a new one on me, and the cheesy hash browns (cheese?!) are something I'll try at home. and, try the hot sauce ....very much home made and tastes fresh and sharp.

If (when) we are back in Chicago, we will return!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I love batter and berries! Byob and a french toast flight some sort of awesome omelette and great staff and ambiance! One of my fav places to eat in the city!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This food was excellent and although I have heard about the waiting time I the past. We were seated in a reasonable amount of time.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

When you hear a lot about a place you can’t wait to go! I usually temper my enthusiasm because I don’t want to be disappointed!

We arrived early Saturday morning at 8:30AM and it was already packed. Short wait, and it was loud!
We were seated in a window area and that was great!
Our waitress was a little scattered and when we enquired about our order she said oops!
Short time later we received our food which was abundant, flavorful and yummy, yummy!
Waitress not withstanding, noise level not withstanding, this place is highly recommended!

I had the lobster omelette and the French toast Flight! Good! My wife had eggs Benedict! Good! Others had chicken sausage and a special! Good!

Coffee was poured plentiful and was good.

Take away’s: get there as early as you can, talk loudly like everyone else and make room later for your take home leftovers!

Highly recommend!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Crowded and noisy at 11 in a weekday, but it's because everyone was enjoying the food! Cute little place. Great variety without a huge menu. Love the French toast "flight," option- b/c you get to sample all the berry flavors. They also had maybe 4 additional specials- smoked salmon Benedict and lobster omelette. Delicious! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Batter & Berries? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK