2,736 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hotelthe riverdonutshard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distancebrick wall
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We threw together a quick trip to take my daughter to see Hamilton in Chicago. I am a pretty picky hotel kind of person and I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this hotel because not a lot of thought or planning went into it - no time! We had a three night stay and were really pleased! For starters the room is quiet. We were on the top floor but near the lounge and I was concerned the noise would be evident - never heard it. Housekeeping was super. A problem I did have was I did not find the beds that comfortable. I am a side sleeper with a bad hip and just had a rough time for the 3 nights there. Hotel was perfectly located to walk to bother the Hamilton theatre and oriental theatre. Staff very welcoming and polite. Would stay again! There is a free breakfast in the morning that was a nice surprise and they have appetizers in evening though we never participated in that.

Room Tip: Higher floor for good view. AVoid room near icemaker as the ice was a little noisy when I walked past it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
George H, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear scottmel,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing the Kinzie Hotel for your memorable trip to Chicago.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide this wonderful feedback and kind rating.

It is fantastic to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Our staff including housekeeping and our concierges truly want you to feel at home and be comfortable. It is our pleasure to ensure that you are well taken care of. I apologize that you experienced less than restful nights and the mattress was not to your liking. Our amenities included the daily breakfast and nightly beverages are just some of the amenities our guests enjoy, I hope time will allow you to enjoy our offerings the next time you stay with us.

I am glad we were able to provide a convenient location for you and your daughter to enjoy Chicago and your Hamilton experience. We look forward to welcoming your family back for another great stay at the Kinzie Hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Chicago for a girls trip and this was in the perfect location to walk to shopping and the park and museums. You communicate with the front desk via text, there’s a nice happy hour on the 6th floor every night, and there’s a great breakfast put out for the floor every morning. The rooms are a little on the small size, but have queen size beds. For some reason we were put into a wheelchair accessible room so the bathroom was basically a wet room with a stand-alone sink (no countertop). That would have been great for the person who needed those amenities; they just weren’t required by us. Overall a very nice hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear sastrakc,
We are delighted that you enjoyed the perfect location for your girls trip. The Mobile Concierge texting service is a great feature for us and our guests and we are glad you took advantage of this perk. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us and return in the future. Thank you for the kind review.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here last month and had a wonderful experience. Hotel staff were very friendly. Breakfast available on every floor was very convenient. Hotel provided tokens for one drink per adult for each day of stay in their bar. This was nice and different from other hotels I've stayed. Hotel location was FANTASTIC. Was walking distance to numerous sights. The only thing to remember is that staying in downtown Chicago meant parking was not free. We had to pay a whopping $64/night to park our car at the hotel, which was unexpected. It appeared that all hotels were charging the same fee. If you don't have to rent a car, better to get an Uber/Lyft to the hotel and use that mode for transportation around Chicago.
Overall great experience and would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Perez2010,
We are absolutely delighted that you chose to review your stay with us online and really appreciate the positive feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed some of our unique differentiators such as Kinzie Coins for beverages and included breakfast on your guest floor. Your advice for fellow travellers is spot on. Parking in downtown Chicago comes at a premium and with limited supply commands a premium price. While I empathize that parking is expensive, we are fairly comparable in rate versus other hotels in the area and your suggestions for alternative transportation is valid for travellers. We love that you enjoyed your stay and the Kinzie service, so much, that you will return to us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 nights here while visiting the city. We loved everything about it. Nice, modern, clean room, with an evening reception and daily breakfast. The staff are very helpful and nice too. The hotel is also in a great location. If you do stay there make sure and grab at least one meal at Public House.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dwayne T
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Dwayne,
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. The title is amazing and we are honoured that our team was mentioned online as being the best ever. Fantastic. We are super pleased that you both enjoyed everything about your stay. Our location is excellent for many of Chicago's activities and attractions so we were glad that you found "Chicago Starts Here". Thank you for the nod to our partners at Public House, we agree that they are a great spot. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I recommend this hotel, the location is ideal, very easy to commute downtown. I just have an issue with the check in process as they charged two times my credit cart and it was not easy to fix the issue but now everything is okay. Also the process of breakfast, the last day only served on the 5th and 6th floor we were on the 2nd and the lack of fruits was a problem for me.
Otherwise the staff was friendly and lovely.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Mbagur,
Thank you for your recommendation of the Kinzie Hotel to fellow travellers. We are delighted that you enjoyed our location and posted positive feedback about your stay. We are transitioning our credit card system to more secure systems, so I apologize that you were inconvenienced in this process. We appreciate your kind words about the staff and the service and we will do our best for that fifth button rating on your next stay with us.