“Awesome”

Ranked #5 of 174 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago Greeter highlights more than 40 special interest areas and more than 25 neighborhoods for visitors to explore. Chicago Greeter is designed to match a friendly, enthusiastic, and city knowledgeable local with a visitor for a two - four hour FREE informal, insider orientation to Chicago's sights. Through the Chicago Greeter service, visitors meet with a greeter who takes them around the city and demonstrates its walk-ability and the user-friendliness of its public transportation system.
Dallas, Texas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I had such a fantastic time, and was so glad I signed up for this. I was only in Chicago for the weekend, and it was my first time in town. It was fantastic to have someone to welcome me, show me around, and I got a free 24 hour public transit pass!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Nikki T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

california
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Amazing! Please Do This Guide!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

In short... It was amazing! our guide Leigh was personable and fun with lots of knowledge... my son who is 11 yrs old had a great time!

It was just wonderful!

Visited November 2011
“What a service!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is the first time I have come across something like the greeter service anywhere in the world and I can't rate it highly enough. Professional fun hugely informative and free! It was blistering cold when we went out but my wonderful greeter Tom made the time fly by and the whole experience fabulous.

London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Such friendly locals typify Chicago”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This is such an outstanding welcome anyone could have to a foreign city. To have a knowledgeable, friendly local show you around is a real treat. We were very fortunate to have Judith Hines
Director, Culinary Arts & Events take us under her wing for 3 hours. During this time we were whisked from one beautiful building or landmark to another, whilst Judith kept up a pleasant patter of stories and history of a City she is rightly proud of. I would highly recommend to everyone visiting Chicago to take time and book a tour during their first day or so of their visit. You will really enjoy it and learn something as well. These guides are all volunteers and should be commended for their dedication.

Visited May 2011
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Best tour of the city”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This is a wonderful and free service which allows you the opportunity to explore the city with a local resident and gain wonderful insight into what it's like to live and work in this fantastic city. I can't recommend this highly enough. It was a highlight of my entire trip and a great chance to explore beyond downtown.

Visited January 2012
3 Thank Touringmuso8

Been to Chicago Greeter? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK