“Great Day at Millennium Park :-)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 629 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Three square blocks of open lakefront complete with a Ferris Wheel, outdoor music pavillion and ice skating rink; expected to become one of the city's most popular sites.
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Great Day at Millennium Park :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2006

It was my 1st time in Chicago and had read about MP, but was not that excited to go there. I am so glad my friend dragged us out there. It was such a great place to walk around and people watch. The crown fountain was not working that day so that was a bummer :-( It was a warm day and they had this water area where kids were playing in ... We took off our shoes and relaxed our feet in the water, and just took in Chicago. It was not that crowded the day we went which made our experience much better. I wish we had the time to go see one of the concerts in the Pavillon, it seems like it could be very romantic ... maybe next time?

We had gone to 2 museums already, and it was great to enjoy the outdoors and still get to see the beauty of Chicago. Two thumbs up for Millennium Park!!!!!

11 Thank bebe624
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Sarnia, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awe Inspiring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2005

My wife and I travelled to Chicago July 8th to 10th and stayed at the Hyatt Regency which is located two blocks north of the Park. We found out about the park through it's website and spent Saturday afternoon and evening enjoying the beauty and atmosphere of it's surroundings. We had dinner at the Park Grill. Food was great but the noise level was my only concern. On Wednesday's and Saturday's The Grant Park Orchestra perfoms at the pavilion in the park. I was amazed at all of the groups of people with their portable chairs and picnic baskets full of all sorts of food and wine sitting and enjoying the music in the large grassed area which is located behind the fixed seating at the pavilion. The orchestra concert was the highlight of the evening. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend spending time at this world class park especially when there is music scheduled at the park.

18 Thank Tonyleafs
“Whoa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2005

I also had no idea about this place! We were visiting a friend and they didn't even tell us this is where they were taking us. When I saw it my mouth dropped to the floor! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! You have to see this!The 1000 faces of Chicago fountain was AMAZING! It was winter when we visited so the water feature wasn't on but it was still the coolest thing I've ever seen!!!
Have fun!

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Unmissable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2004

We'd never even heard of the park when we visited in September. After a chance meeting with a local who recommended it, I'm still raving about it now. The undisputed highlight of our four-day trip to Chicago. Loved it all, but the water fountains were mind-blowing. If you could only see one attraction while in the city, this would have to be it. You won't be disappointed.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best experence ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2004

This was one of the best attractions that I was at in Chicago. This was my first time ever in Chicago when I walked the streets. My aunt and I got a tour of the park from my other aunt. It was amazing!!!!!!!!!! I really liked the bean!!!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Millennium Park? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK