“Awesome Property and Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ACME Hotel Company Chicago

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Ranked #25 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome Property and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am a group leader and we needed to find a hotel fast (20 rooms for nine weeks!)as a hotel we previously booked fell through. Our booker suggested the Comfort Inn and Suites, soon to become the ACME. From the minute I spoke with the Sales Director, I knew our group would feel welcome. We checked in in April when it was still a Comfort, but they were very considerate of where and when they did construction. The rooms we got were already converted to the ACME Brand, and they are GREAT! Clean, very nicely decorated, and some pretty cool little extras!! The staff is very courteous and always ready to help. And the breakfast room on the second floor can't be beat!!!
Oh- and if that isn't enough, the area is perfect. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales home within a block!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Doug R
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Hi Doug R, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we are so thrilled we were able to be your home away from home for your group. We do have a great location in the heart of River North surrounded by entertainment options and dinning options. Thanks again and we look forward to the next time you have a group here in Chicago.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Keego Harbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

When I arrived in Chicago, I was just a bit apprehensive about staying at the ACME. When I booked my room more than a month in advance, it was called the "Comfort Inn and Suites". When my family and i arrived it was literally in transition to the ACME Hotel.

I LOVED IT!!! My Family LOVED it. it was a different look and much different feel than the Comfort Inn and Suites. The new look reminded me of a very nice boutique, the colors are warm and trendy, the furninshing is comfortable and inviting. It looks amazing, The room was impeccable. bedding was first class, soft as mink, and a struggle to leave every morning.

There were few concerns when we first arrived in our room... "it was being painted", Management was made aware of the error and was able to obtain another great room for us.
I have learned in life that everything is based upon your decisions and your attitude. If both are good, you cant go wrong. ACME was the best decision for us. whatever concern we had, staffing, that included Eddie, Carl, Paven, two young ladies that were sweet and very kind were making our visit the best possible, I must have asked Paven a thousand and one questions. He remained peaceful, professional and was able to process our concerns. and elevate them when necessary.

The Manager of ACME, Bill, heard of our inconvenience, and called me personally Sunday morning to make sure any and every concern was addressed and resolved.

Because of their kindness, professionalisim, and compassion, we will visit ACME, often. I have fallen in love with Chicago ( this was my first visit), as well as the ACME. I had access to everything my family wanted to do.

Our reaon for visiting Chicago was to celebrate my daughters sixteenth birthday. She had an absolute ball, everyday was filled with excitement. Her joy cup is still running over. To return to the hotel of comfort and peace after a very very long day of sightseeing, shopping, a lot of laughter and oodles of fun and be able to walk to the Magnificent Mile, or across the street to Bloomindales home, or around the corner to Eggsperience for breakfast was the best choice of hotel for my family.

Thank you ACME for the memories. I am more than sure my family will never forget what a great time we had in Chicago , and the awesome staff that made our stay in Chicago five staff quality.

G.J.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Geninice J
Hi Geninice J, thank you for your wonderful comments and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Chicago visit to help make some more Chicago memories.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

The Sherriff and his lady stayed here under the Comfort Inn brand in April, just before the change of branding. I have to say that the remodelling did not greatly impinge on us and we found the rooms adequate for a budget hotel, by European standards - the provision would match up with an Ibis, for example. Who needs a vast amount of hanging, wardrobe and storage space on a short stay in a city, whether for leisure or business purposes? It wasn't ideal for us because it was the beginning of a two-week visit to the US but the price and location were brilliant and we accepted the limitations rather than flaming about them - some of these reviews are the sort of thing that gives Tripadvisor a bad name in some quarters. The decor is a bit more questionable - the hot lips and red lighting in the bathroom did have the Sherriff's Lady wondering whether this was quite the reputable sort of establishment that she expects to stay in - see my photo. However, everything worked and we had no reason to fault the efficiency, helpfulness or courtesy of the staff. I don't think it is sensible to comment on the free breakfast, given this was part of the Comfort Inn package.

Basically, if you want American mid-market standards in the middle of Chicago, you will pay a fancy price. We didn't, we got what we expected - a clean, safe and reasonably comfortable room - and we are not complaining about it.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back - no view but avoids street noise from Ohio which is a very busy cross street...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi The_Sherriff, thank you for your comments and feedback. Yes the open closet style with 8 hangers is probably not ideal for someone on a 2 week trip. Thanks for great comments in regards to a clean, safe, and reasonably priced room. Thanks again for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future when we are completed with the restaurant.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This hotel should not be in business. They have no idea how to make a guest feel comfortable when away from home which is the whole point of the hotel business. The room was tiny, no place to put clothes -- no closet or drawers -- and not even a luggage rack. When I asked for one they said they don't provide them. No clock or radio -- again, when I asked they said "most of our guests don't really need one." Oh really? So I asked for a wake up call instead -- never happened. When I asked to use their business center computer, they said it was "out of order." There was no tourist info, no restaurant info, no help for out of towners like us. We had to ask for fresh towels and to have our trash emptied. These people were the least accommodating I have ever encountered. On top of it all, we had originally booked this hotel as The Comfort Inn and Suites and when we got there it had become the Acme Hotel. They said they had tried to inform us but the email I got the day before confirming our reservation made no mention of it and the heading still said "Comfort Inn and Suites."

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Barbara W
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Hi Barbara W, I apologize that you did not enjoy your visit with us. I did want to thank you for your feedback and want to let you know that we are actively addressing all issues you have brought to our attention. For example, based on feedback we received from guests we have ordered some very unique clocks for the rooms and look forward to these being delivered in the next few weeks. The ottomans in the rooms were actually designed to double as luggage racks so they can be moved to any location within the room for luggage or additional seating. The business center computer station has also been completed as part of the change to ACME. Again, we do thank you for your comments and do hope that if you visit Chicago again you will consider giving our Boutique Hotel another chance and I will personally take care of you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We checked in 3/16 and left on 3/19. Our room, while it had a view, that was about the ONLY nice thing I can say. Our room wasn't even complete with the remodel. No big mirrors only that crappy one in the bathroom with that dumb kiss mark on it. No closet to hang ANYTHING up, our fridge DIDN'T work. We called maintance to have them come fix it, but didn't even show up. The air in the bedroom didn't work at all either. I too booked with comfort inn and got a e-mail 2 days before we arrived to let me know that the 2 bed suite I had booked for 2 couples wasn't available....GREAT ACME, you let a LONG TIME guest know 2 days before we arrived PLUS we drove from Minneapolis to Chicago. THE ONLY saving grace was the woman I did speak with about the hotel SCREW UP and I didn't get a deal on the room, but I did get 3 days of free parking. I will never stay here again......too bad cause it was the best location. I know I'll go to Embassy...kidding corner from this joke.

Room Tip: Yeah pick another location!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hi susanlamb76, first let me thank you for your visit and your feedback. I see you were here in the midst of our change over, we did re-open as the ACME Hotel Chicago on April 27th so I do apologize about our in between state when you here in March. Unfortunately in order for us to freshen up the hotel we had to have rooms out of order and some rooms that had been previously booked were no longer available. This should not happen, and I apologize. I can assure you that this has been completed and the next time you visit Chicago we should also have our restaurant and lounge open. I did want to lend my hand when you visit Chicago again, please contact me and I will personally assist with any reservations you may need.