“BRING BACK COMFORT INN!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of ACME Hotel Company Chicago

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Ranked #23 of 186 Hotels in Chicago
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“BRING BACK COMFORT INN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We checked in 3/16 and left on 3/19. Our room, while it had a view, that was about the ONLY nice thing I can say. Our room wasn't even complete with the remodel. No big mirrors only that crappy one in the bathroom with that dumb kiss mark on it. No closet to hang ANYTHING up, our fridge DIDN'T work. We called maintance to have them come fix it, but didn't even show up. The air in the bedroom didn't work at all either. I too booked with comfort inn and got a e-mail 2 days before we arrived to let me know that the 2 bed suite I had booked for 2 couples wasn't available....GREAT ACME, you let a LONG TIME guest know 2 days before we arrived PLUS we drove from Minneapolis to Chicago. THE ONLY saving grace was the woman I did speak with about the hotel SCREW UP and I didn't get a deal on the room, but I did get 3 days of free parking. I will never stay here again......too bad cause it was the best location. I know I'll go to Embassy...kidding corner from this joke.

Room Tip: Yeah pick another location!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Hi susanlamb76, first let me thank you for your visit and your feedback. I see you were here in the midst of our change over, we did re-open as the ACME Hotel Chicago on April 27th so I do apologize about our in between state when you here in March. Unfortunately in order for us to freshen up the hotel we had to have rooms out of order and some rooms that had been previously booked were no longer available. This should not happen, and I apologize. I can assure you that this has been completed and the next time you visit Chicago we should also have our restaurant and lounge open. I did want to lend my hand when you visit Chicago again, please contact me and I will personally assist with any reservations you may need.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed from Friday April 27 to sunday April 29 2012. First things, i booked the hotel under comfort inn and suites, to come to find out the hotel switched names, so we pasted the hotel at first. I called the number to verify it was the former comfort inn and the lady on the phone said yes. I then asked her what garage to park in since there are several on the block. She proceeded to be rude, then hung up on me! Once we got parked, we had to carry all our luggage a block in downtown chicago on the street. Trying to check in took OVER 20 mintues. No employees there knew how to work the computers or what they were doing, i told them the woman on the phone hung up on me, and they didnt even respond with an apology or anything. Tons of constructions, construction worker in the lobby and breakfast area. Dust everywhere. Workers have loud radios they listen to. Our room was VERY small but an updated one. No mini fridge, no drawers, not even a clock in the room which was odd. Plus theres a glowing kiss print on the bathroom mirror you cant turn off that glows under the door at night. My boyfriend checked us out, while i was still packing. Once I returned the parking pass later on, the first desk woman told me my bf already got the receipt, i asked him and he said no. She acted like i was lying to her, and got an attitute about it because she obviously didnt know how to work the computers to print it out. Finally about 5 minutes later, she realized it was on the counter! with no apology or anything she just handed it to me, no "thanks for coming" or "have a great day". Staff was SO rude and needed training BEFORE the hotel was ready for business extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: get an updated room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank murraymary m
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Hi MurrayMary, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us on our very first day as the ACME Hotel. I do apologize for the check-in process. As you mentioned we had just gotten our new property management system installed that day and you experienced a much slower than usual check-in. You may have noticed the system trainers who worked with us through the weekend to iron out any teething issues we had with the new system. Additionally, our breakfast area on the second floor was still undergoing some changes, and furniture in the lobby was being changed, both of which are now complete. We are very excited about the changes we have been going through and are looking forward to our restaurant and lounge being added to the hotel this fall. We have already shared your comments with the various staff you came across and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Again, we sincerely apologize and do hope you will give the ACME Hotel an opportunity to serve you the next time you come to downtown Chicago or the River North area.