“Steak perfection”

III Forks Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
III Forks Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #752 of 10,147 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Benton Place
Description: III Forks Steakhouse offers a contemporary take on the classic upscale steakhouse, nestled in Chicago’s Lakeshore East. III Forks Steakhouse is a modern steakhouse restaurant sizzling with style. We offer a lively bar and lounge area serving USDA Prime beef, ocean-fresh seafood as well as lighter, local favorites. The inviting foyer welcomes you with an array of over 3,000 fine wines from the spectacular glass wine room. We have tables with breathtaking views overlooking the park and three exquisite private dining rooms for you and your friends to enjoy.
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely welcome, ample servings of deliciously prepared steak and nice ambience. Try the creamed corn with filet mignon, prepared to perfection.
I note they have a rooftop terrace option too and a cosy spot by the fire at the back.
Higher end place, but worth the stretch.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We got there at 7:30 and they weren't too busy. Because of our party size (5) we were seated in a private room. We have been here several times and I just felt they had an off night. The service was slower than normal. Several appetizers were ordered including shrimp, tuna and salads. The waiter didn't take our main course order till the we had finished the appetizers. We ordered various steaks and chicken. The chicken had good flavor but was very dry indicating they had over cooked it. While the steaks were cooked as ordered, they weren't very hot. I had a 6oz filet that was 2" in diameter and was definitely not 6 ounces and barely warm to the touch. With drinks, appetizers, meals and tip, the bill was over $500. I didn't walk out with the feeling my money was well spent. We'll probably sit this place out next trip.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We had coupon for special night. We were seated on the upper deck on a beautiful Chicago night. The service was excellent. We ordered wedge salad and is was split with plenty of lettuce and blue cheese dressing. The filet was cooked perfectly, it cut like butter and melted in your mouth. The roasted corn vegetable was the perfect accompaniment. The cocktails to start were refreshing.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I had a lovely time. Great wine selection, the steak was just perfect, amazing onion rings. Service was impeccable. We left and less than half an hour later it stared pouring down in rain and on the next day the actually called my friend to make sure we had arrived safe. These details make a difference. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Booked my reservation on open table. Restaurant was very empty as so getting a Choice table on the rooftop deck where the drizzle did not get in the way. delightful, combination of casual seating with a view of the courtyard garden in a very pleasant neighborhood. My server was Heather, she was truly delightful. I selected the 6 ounce filet ($36)Oscar style ( add ($14) but due to my allergy restrictions did not take the hollandaise sauce.
I appreciated the manager consulting with me each step of the way to make sure that my food restrictions would not pose a problem. That earned bonus points.
The filet was nicely- seasoned and perfectly cooked to medium rare. The lump crab and asparagus sat atop the steak (albeit a bit lonely without the hollandaise and Just ok). But that was not due to execution, but merely precaution due to my allergy. I did not need the knife to cut through the tender beef. It really was a good steak.
Heather's recommendation for dessert was spot on. When she suggested I get the peanut butter pie, I really was hesitant, fully expecting one of those pedestrian versions from the 1990s. This dessert did not disappoint: a luscious individual pie constructed like a fine architectural masterpiece. A crust of chocolate cookie crumbs supported a light and fluffy peanut butter center still warm from the oven and the entire top was enrobed in homemade ganache with house-made whipped cream. A perfect raspberry stood watch over the yummy tower of goodness. ( so decadent that I opted to take the rest home.)Completely worth skipping the appetizer for this perfect ending. So you wonder why they lost 4th star? It was really the very smallest of things: my table was a five-top, but the tower of bread and butter plates and dinner set up's remained throughout the entire meal. I'm typically not bothered by dining alone, ( I travel slit for business), but someone else might not want to be reminded that they are at a large table without company. recommend.